This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But I Want It NOW!!!!!!

I had a call from a customer in a rural area today. Her brand new pool heater doesn’t work. I get some info from her, consult with our engineer and we come to the conclusion there is most likely a gas leak. I advise the customer I will need to call the closest service agent we have listed (about 80km away) and see how quickly I can get someone there)

I call said agent and they are booked for the next 2 weeks. (not good)

So I decide to call a repairer (for different product) in the customer’s local area and ask if they know anyone local who could help. They give me details of local company, I call them, and they can go tomorrow.

I call the customer back (Note: this has been about 35 mins since my first contact with the customer)

Me: Hi this is >raw456< from >company< calling back about your heater. Now our regular technician is currently booked up for the next 2 weeks, but I have located another repairer in your local area who is more than happy to look at your heater. I can have a service man out there tomorrow afternoon
    SC: That’s not good enough! I want someone here today!
    Me: I’m sorry Maam, but tomorrow is the earliest appointment I could get.
    SC: But I run a swim school! I need the pool heated!!!! Someone needs to be here today!!!!!
    Me: I appreciate the circumstances Maam, but unfortunately, tomorrow is the earliest I can have someone out to you.
    SC: Well that’s not good enough! Blah Blah Blah. What’s the company’s name? I will call them myself and demand that they come today!
    Me: *gives number* - So would you like me to book the service call for you?
    SC: I’ll get back to you *hangs up* (no goodbye or anything)

I wait about an hour, customer doesn’t call back. So I call the repairer and advise them that I may not require their services. Girl of the other end tells me customer has called, demanded they come today; she passed the call to her manager. Girl advises me that if I still want the job done tomorrow, I need to book it in in the next hour.

I wait another 30 mins then call the customer to check if she still wants the booking.

SC: Oh! I’ve spoken to >manager< and I’m waiting for him to call me back. He has a guy in the area and he’s going to fit me in once he’s finished his current job
    Me:*this was news to me. I knew for a fact their was no way they could attend today*
    Me: So, you want me to log the service call and book it?
    SC: Well of course! And you know what? This is very poor service!
    Me: *WTF* Uh? Excuse me?
    SC: Yes! Very poor! If your product breaks down, you should fix it same day. I shouldn’t have to wait!
    *and I should be a size 6 supermodel, but life is so unfair*
    ME: Well Maam, I’m sorry you feel that 24hrs is unacceptable, but you do live in a rural area where we have NO listed agents.
    SC: That’s no excuse! I should be able to have anything I buy fixed when I want it fixed
    Me: I’m sorry you feel that way.
    Customer mumbles something else, says goodbye and hangs up.

Seriously though – What do people want from service depts.? Unless you’re on a life support machine, 24hrs is quite an acceptable turn around time for a repair. And I guarantee this is not the last I hear of this. I just have a feeling that this one will turn out to be a major issue with the unit and I will get all kinds of grief from her.
    "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
    "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
    "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

24 hours is GOOD for that kind of service.

Comment

Holy crap you went above and beyond and she was still a bitch. I can't believe she has a job with the public... Sheesh. You were awesome.

Comment

O.O

i wish services were that quick here...

I'd GLADLY wait 24 hrs as opposed to 2 weeks...

Comment

It seems to me that if she runs a swim school, she should have regularly scheduled maintenance checks to ensure that equipment is less likely to break down.

But that would make far too much sense.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            It seems to me that if she runs a swim school, she should have regularly scheduled maintenance checks to ensure that equipment is less likely to break down.

But that would make far too much sense.

^-.-^
            Actually, this is a brand new unit. Only installed about 3 days ago. So I can understand why she is pissed. But that is still no excuse for being unrealistic.

Some people think I can just produce a technician out of thin air. I know I'm good at my job, but I'm not *THAT* good

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

raw456, change out that pool heater for a $20 cordless phone battery and you have the grumpy old man I was dealing with today.
              "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth raw456 View Post
                Some people think I can just produce a technician out of my ass. I know I'm good at my job, but I'm not *THAT* good
                Corrected for accuracy.

She really should have had a bottle stuck in her mouth and put down on her pallet for an afternoon nap.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Customer Update!!!!

Followed up with the technician. They did actually get out to her yesterday afternoon. Thankfully is was just a small easily fixable leak.

They got her back up and running but she was upset that her pool would not reach her preferred temp of 30' by the morning. She wanted to know why it wouldnt. Tech tried to explain that the current weather conditions (zero overnight and low teens during the day) means it takes longer to heat. Apparently she was "put out" that it would take so long.

This is the kind of woman who probably thinks instant cofffe takes too long. Geez! Talk about your demanding customer.

On the up side though, the technician now wants to be an agent for us and sell and service our products (yeah me!!)

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

Some people just can't be pleased no matter what and a lot of cases, the ones you work the hardest for are the ones who least appreciate it.
                    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                      Some people just can't be pleased no matter what and a lot of cases, the ones you work the hardest for are the ones who least appreciate it.
                      That's for sure--I could easily 'jack this thread with tales of going the extra mile to get bitched out in the end.
                      Last edited by taxguykarl; 06-18-2009, 03:50 PM.
                      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                        ...and those people just suck

Speaking from experience here, if someone is willing to help me out, I don't go off on them. Take the MG, when it was having ignition problems. After messing with it the better part of 2 days, I'd had enough...and had it towed to a garage. Bugged me that I'd have to leave the car for a bit. Annoying, but I look at it this way--the car is 40 years old--I'm lucky that *anyone* knows how to work on it. Once I got it back though...it was worth the wait. Not only does it (usually) fire right up, but it doesn't run as rough. Seems the shop also tuned it, balanced the carbs...
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                        X