X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    "I need to make you mine...."
    You're not brave enough.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
      Ah the rejection hotline...

Unfortunately, too many losers around here got the hang of that thing and it doesn't work as well anymore

I use the following:

362-4360(I lead a life of crime)

cookies if you know what it's from-not too well known sadly
      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Darn it GW I have that song in my head now thanks to you! Ugh, damn you!

Comment

Quoth MercenaryMuffin View Post
          Hahaha, oh man, the fun I've had giving out that number...

A while back, in a social/political board I used to go frequent (which I no longer do thanks to an ex I can't stand to see), there was some douche nozzle who was trying to call me out and insult me personally. I can't even remember what it was about.

He said something to the effect of "Give me your number and I'll text you to show you I'm legit".

So I said:
          "Okay, fine. You want my number, here it is: 702-867-5309"

Douche nozzle then proceeds to mock me that I didn't text him back, at which point everyone who recognized the number started laughing their collective asses off.

Lots of posts in the style of "OMG WIN"
          Needless to say, the guy didn't want to "call me out" any more after that...

Great, now I have that song stuck in my head.
          Eight six seven five three oh niiii-e-iiiiine...
          Did the original song have a 702 area code or are you just from Las Vegas?
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
            Did the original song have a 702 area code or are you just from Las Vegas?
            She's from Las Vegas. As far as I know the area code is not in the song.

Comment

Dammit! Dammit! Dammit! ARrrrrrrrghhh! I have that freaking song stuck in my head now and can't get it out. ARRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!

Comment

I have it there also. *listens*

............no one ever said I was normal.
                1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                -----
                http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I am not a "she", thank you

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                    Ah the rejection hotline...

Unfortunately, too many losers around here got the hang of that thing and it doesn't work as well anymore ....plus if you're not from a bigger area in Wisconsin or Minnesota, it looks really shady when you try to give a Minneapolis or a Milwaukee phone number to someone.

unless of course if you live in an area where seemingly half the population has a 414 area code cell numbers
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth MercenaryMuffin View Post
                      I am not a "she", thank you
                      oops,

Comment

I used to give out the number of my local humane society adoption hotline when asked for a number for a somewhat assholish rejection.

But realistically I don't give these out to people unless they JUST DON'T FUCKING GET IT. Body language has to be very specific, and "I have no intention of calling you back if you give me your number, so if you worked up the courage to do this, good for you, and I applaud your effort, but I hate to tell you I'm very much not interested in you."

I dated two coffee girls I asked out over a counter. Both turned out well, but I couched it with, "Hey, look, I know this is awkward, so I'm just going to ask you if you'd like to meet up for something other than coffee some time and hang out. If you're not interested, that's fine, but here's my number in the event you want to give me a call. Thanks for the coffee."

It's all in the approach. Asking me out while I'm slinging drinks at an event with a line backed up seven deep is fucking stupid. I'm working, I'm not having fun. Asking me out if my line is dead and I happen to be playing around with new combinations - not a bad idea.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                          unless of course if you live in an area where seemingly half the population has a 414 area code cell numbers
                          If I would have known that, I would have kept my old number when I moved. *pout*
                          I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth gerund View Post
                            Have you ever heard of rejection line?

That is such a godsend! Great way to fend off the persistent idiots that can't register in their thick skulls that I'm happily taken.
                            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Pennsylvania 6-5000
                              Bark like a chicken!

Comment

Transylvania 6-5000

I loved that movie.
                                Meeeeoooow.....
                                Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

Working...
                                X