Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two days, and I've already gotten someone who says they'll get me fired.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two days, and I've already gotten someone who says they'll get me fired.

Oy....

Two days, two more sucky customers.

So, I'm manning my game when two customers come up to play. I explain to them that after the first win, they win one of the small prizes on the side rows (I'm doing a carnival-style race game today), but can only get their choice after two wins. So they play, one of them wins. Here's how the conversation transpires.

Me - Looks like we have a winner! Okay, you can pick anything you want [Here I realize my mistake.]. Wait, no! Actually, you can only pick from these two side rows.

SC1 - Okay then, I want that Batman plush.

Me - Sorry, that's only after two wins.

SC1 - You lied to me! You said that I won my choice!

Me - I know. I then realized my mistake and corrected myself. I said this after the game, so you knew beforehand [This may seem sarcastic, but it wasn't in sarcasm.]

SC - Get me your supervisor!

Me - Alright.

So I manage to get my supervisor over here.

Sup - What seems to be the problem here?

SC1 - He said that after one play, we'd get our choice of prize, but it was actually 2.

Me - I said that after you played the game, and corrected myself.

SC2 - No, you said that before! [blatant lie! ]

Sup - Well, he's new, so sorry for the inconvenience.

I then got chewed out about it by my sup. I can't believe that without hearing what I said, she just sided with the customer! "The customer is always right" my ass. I probably would have been fired had I been there a few more weeks. I can't believe my sup did that. Ugh.

So, later, about 20 minutes before the end of my shift, I'm manning a pretty busy game, with about 8 people there. There are already 2 broken machines, so I move one of the kids to another machine. I sign everyone on and start the race. I look over, and I see the kid's machine is defective.

God, no!

So, I wait it out, preparing what I'm going to say to her. I'm planning on telling the kid's grandmother that under procedure, I am to offer everyone a free game because his machine was busted. I don't even get to that because she starts to go into "rapid-fire bitch me out" mode.

SC - You were trying to rip me off!

Me - My apologies. I was not trying to scam you.

I then see that the people on the other side have all left, and I'm wondering if I'll be able to put up a complete free game because there would be a discrepancy in the till (technical story).

Me - It seems that the other people have left, which would cause my till to be unbalanced if I gave you a free game.

SC - Get me your manager! I'll see to it that you're fired for trying to rip off an old person like me!

Me - As I said before, I'm not trying to rip you off.

Just to get the bitch out of my hair, I decide to just ring up 8 random machines and run the game. The same person wins (not any of her grandkids), so I dole out the prize and fill out the form. I walk over to her, and she's got a scowl on her face. Before she chews me out even further and starts alleging cheating and scamming, I say in the most patronizing tone I can manage: "Thank you, and have a great day at [theme park.]" She walks away. Thank God.

So my replacement shows up, so I get my drop and leave. I was in the right all along, because I went to the distribution area for the tills and explain it to them. They told me I did everything right.

Ugh.... bad day today. Guess I'm 1 for 2.
    http://www.pirikapirilala.tk

Check out my blog today!
Working...
X