This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enjoy your fried egg sweet!

I once worked at a REAL cheapy card shop; yno, valentines cards for 29p and people ask if you can do it cheaper? I remembered this awful woman today. . .

We had ancient tills; we had to enter the card price, what occasion it was, and how much cash the customer gave. Twas Christmas time (like, woo, in cardland) and I had a massive queue, each person holding a huge stack of cards. This woman comes and throws her pile at me. Not a good start. I start to ring them up and she keeps changing her mind, swapping cards of different prices round. I try and keep up with the difference between them as she tosses the ones she doesnt want into a pile for me to clear later.

Eventually I ring them all up and she gets her reciept and gives me a look of pure venom.
    SC: What the hell is this?
    Me: I'm sorry?
    SC: *snorts* You've overcharged me and you know you have.
    Me: I'm sorry, you were changing youre mind quite a lot and i mustve got mixed up. Let me check your receipt. <checks receipt against the stack of cards she's bought while she gives those massive sighs that just says 'i'm a busy woman and you're a moron'>
    Me: Oh you are right. I've overcharged you by 2p.

I open the till and give her a 2p coin

SC: A WEE SORRY WOULD BE NICE! RIDICULOUS!
    She snatches the bag out of my hand with needless violence and flounces out of the shop. True, maybe I shouldve apologised for overcharging her even though it was her fault for muddling me round. But i cant help thinking, the only thing the bitch can buy with 2p is one of those fried egg sweets. It better have been the best damn sweet ever. . .

First off: Fried egg sweet? I am now intrigued.

Second: Human errors happen, but in this case, you had an ancient till and this woman kept changing her mind. Not really your fault.
    "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

http://www.handycandy.co.uk/fried-eggs-haribo-p-42.html

They are awesome (but don't beat those giant gummy strawberries that you could get, back when newsagents and the like used to have those sweet trays etc, don't see many around these days though.)
      I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth chocoBug View Post
        SC: A WEE SORRY WOULD BE NICE! RIDICULOUS!
        "I'm sorry you're such a bitch."

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
          They are awesome (but don't beat those giant gummy strawberries that you could get, back when newsagents and the like used to have those sweet trays etc, don't see many around these days though.)
          We have them in pick and mix at the cinema.
          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

I have never heard of a fried egg sweet...is this a UK thing only? Forgive my ignorance
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Gummy eggs are tasty. I have no idea why they look like eggs, though. Heck, I have no idea why half of the gummy candies you can find are shaped the way they are.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

i have no idea if its just a uk thing come to think of it!! theyre like wee sweets prob about as big as your thumb and they look like fried eggs..the white bit is like a sweet foam and the yellow yolk is a hard chewy bit. . .
                http://www.sweetieworld.co.uk/images...Fried_Eggs.jpg

Comment

i want to try some now...we have haribo-brand gummy snacks over in the US, but not the egg ones....

Comment

That's the first time I've heard of the fried egg sweets . . . they do look pretty good and I'll try any kind of candy once.

Now gummi bears OTOH, I can devour by the POUND. I'm not sure how they're made, but they are simply to die for.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
                      "I'm sorry you're such an indecisive twit."
                      edited for truth!
                      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

im not a huge fan of the sweet fried eggs! its jst the sweet that popped into my head when she yelled at me. . .now those fizzy cherries in Haribo. . .

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                          I'm not sure how they're made, but they are simply to die for.
                          With crack and crystal meth, that's how!
                          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

The gummy eggs aren't the same type of gummy as gummy bears. If you've ever had one of those gummy hamburger things, then you'll know the basic textures.

Gummy bears and Swedish fish are much better, though.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                              Heck, I have no idea why half of the gummy candies you can find are shaped the way they are.
                              Well gummy worms are obviously so you can make dirt and have tasty worms in it!
                              Bark like a chicken!

Comment

Working...
                              X