Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If today is an indication of the rest of the week, I'm going to need to start drinking. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

^

I don't wash my hands; the soap used in most of those places makes my hands flare up. I use hand wipes instead; after I leave the loos cuz of the door thing.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

My college has those airblasters installed in all the public bathrooms. I was NOT prepared for the whole air-moving-so-fast-your-skin-ripples the first time I used one.

The local mall, though? Run the hand dryers twice and I STILL have to wipe my hands on my pants. *le sigh*
        It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

My mom had a TIA (read: mini-stroke) at a movie theater once. As she was recovering she was pale and sweaty. We ran into the bathroom to grab a paper towel to soak with cold water and help cool her off...

You guessed it. Dryers only.

We would up with a ton of napkins from concessions, but they don't hold water quite as well as paper towels and wound up being mostly a soggy mess.

Comment

We have a reason for not putting paper towels in our bathrooms at the wholesale club. Every time we do, someone ends up flushing them down the toilet, and clogging the pipes, thus taking one of the stalls out of commission, and necessitating a call to the plumber.

So, we have air-dryers instead. Don't like 'em? Too bad.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Sparky View Post

But I suspect that the reason customers get annoyed when they tell you the paper towels are empty and you tell them there's a blow dryer is that it sounds like you're (pardon the pun) blowing them off. They're telling themselves "I'll do them a favor and let them know they're out of paper," and they hear"I'm too lazy to fix it. Use the inferior system instead."
              I usually say something like "Oh I am sorry! I'll get some one down here to replace those right away. We also have a hand dryer on the wall ^_^"

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
              We have a reason for not putting paper towels in our bathrooms at the wholesale club. Every time we do, someone ends up flushing them down the toilet, and clogging the pipes, thus taking one of the stalls out of commission, and necessitating a call to the plumber.
              This is our biggest problem with the paper towels. and our bathroom is just ONE toilet for ladies and men. So if it is clogged everyone is SOL. I have asked management to think about just getting rid of the paper towels... but I doubt it will happen.
              "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
              -Red

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                Still, if there are no towels, at least there's an alternative, so why bitch?
                That one of the things that make them SCs.
                "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

I always hate using hand dryers because they never get you dry like at all... but then i went to Japan and was amazed by this:

http://angkor.com/cityrain/images/010209.jpg

air flows from both sides and completely dries your hands very quickly, i wish we had these over here... also their toilets that squirt water at you make you feel squeaky clean.

Comment

Working...
                  X