This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "It's not fair!"

Every time I hear that from an SC, I want to retaliate with my dad's standard reply; "Well, life's not fair and the sooner you learn that, the better!" XD

Last night I heard it from a customer, right after I was closing up the petrol station. It was exactly 10pm on the dot by the store clock, and I'd just put the bollards out to block off the forecourt when this car came screeching in by the back way. I hadn't locked up the pumps so I hurried over to tell the customer that we were closed, as he surely should have realised due to the fact that before he'd gone in the back way, he'd driven down to the front and seen the cones.

Me: Sorry, but we're closed.
    SC: What? Why are you closing early?!
    Me: It's not early, it's 10pm. That's when we close.
    SC: Look you stupid cow, it's ten to. My watch says ten to.
    Me: It's 10pm by the clock in the shop, and that's the one we're going by.
    SC: Oh for Christ's sake. Can't you just let me get some petrol? Would that be too much to ask?
    Me: We're closed, sorry.
    SC: It's not fair! I drove all this way and you're closed?!
    Me: I'm sorry, but we're closed.
    SC: *flips me off, and drives out with a screech of tires*

You will notice the repetition; that's what I do. I'm polite and I repeat myself. Also, this guy comes along every flipping week on a Wednesday night at around closing time. He knows damn well what time we close, yet he doesn't care about getting here late and getting a full tank. That's why it's always satisfying to close the petrol station before he gets here. XD And yeah, he's always a rude arsehole.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Why do the SCs insult you then always think you will do something nice for them?Nope sorry you called me a cow,now leave. I'm been dealing with this crap all week.They won't leave they refuse to believe that we are closed.

Comment

Quoth candyshopgirl View Post
      Why do the SCs insult you then always think you will do something nice for them?Nope sorry you called me a cow,now leave. I'm been dealing with this crap all week.They won't leave they refuse to believe that we are closed.
      They think that some (abject) humilation gets the peon to submit to their whims is why. Fuckers.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

It just makes me even more determined to not let them have their way, but that's just me. XD
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

I love (sarcasm) when people do that.
          They show up late, insult you, act like an ass, then are shocked to all hell when you somehow can't find it in your heart to give a flip about their problems.

Comment

My co-worker's line comes to mind for this guy:
            "Fair? Do you see cotton candy or a pony ride around here?"

Life's not fair. Get over it. Or drop dead. Your choice.
            "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

SC: Look you stupid cow, it's ten to. My watch says ten to.
              What You're Supposed To Say: Oh my lordy! Why I am so unbelievably sorry for the inconvenience of making you look at your arbitrarily set timepiece! By all means, don't let me stop you from doing whatever you want to do. On top of that, why don't I just give you all the petrol for free because you're so handsome and kind.

Quoth Crossbow View Post
              QFT
              !
              "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

I just pictured you in black armor saying, "None shall pass," each time

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                  Every time I hear that from an SC, I want to retaliate with my dad's standard reply; "Well, life's not fair and the sooner you learn that, the better!"
                  My dad always said, "It's not fair. It's a circus."
                  "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Everytime I hear "It's not fair!", I flash back to David Bowie in the movie The Labyrinth

"You say that so often. I wonder what your basis for comparison is?"

Hrm. Been a while since I've watched it. Ahhh...memories...

Comment

SC: Can't I just get some petrol? Is that too much to ask?!!
                      Me: Depends. Can you NOT be insulting and call me a stupid cow? Or is behaving like a decent human being too much to ask? We're closed.
                      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Heh, my Mothers standard response

"Show me where it is written that life will be fair"

A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

"It's not fair!"

"Nope...if you want fair, get a referee. Calling me a COW is a foul, insisting that YOUR clock is right is a foul, you've used foul LANGUAGE...strike three, you're out."

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                            My co-worker's line comes to mind for this guy:
                            I love that one.

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
                            Everytime I hear "It's not fair!", I flash back to David Bowie in the movie The Labyrinth

"You say that so often. I wonder what your basis for comparison is?"

Hrm. Been a while since I've watched it. Ahhh...memories...
                            That's the exact thing I heard in my head when I read the title to this post.

I love that movie.
                            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                            -----
                            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth RootedPhoenix View Post
                              That's the exact thing I heard in my head when I read the title to this post.

I love that movie.
                              Me, too!! I have the DVD AND the soundtrack. (Actually, I have ALL of David Bowie's CDs, but who's counting, really?

Comment

Working...
                              X