Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Karma will catch up on you...and so will the cops!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karma will catch up on you...and so will the cops!

This was HILARIOUS.

For some crazy reason, our door to the pub garden went crazy. Every time it was opened, it set off the Intruder Alarm...even if it was switched off. We had no idea why this was going on, so we locked the door and called out someone to come look at it. This annoyed the customers a little, as it meant they had to walk all the way around the building if they wanted to go into the garden for a cigarette (but the weather was shitty anyway!)

So, it's very quiet, and me and my co-workers are basically standing around waiting for customers, as there was that little to do. All of a sudden, we here the BANG of the front door being thrown open.

We look and see a young chavvy looking boy, probably about 15, sprinting across the pub, carrying a womans purse! We here another BANG and see two police officers, followed by a husband and wife run into the pub.

Officer: *down radio* We are in pursuit of the suspect, he is inside *my pub*

Guess what the chav did...

...he ran for the broken door...which was locked! He was going to try and escape through our garden. Realising there was no escape, he started punching the door over and over again, probably believing he could break it open. The officers ran up to him, and slammed him down on the floor. They began to cuff him.

Officer: We are placing you under arrest for theft. You do not have to say anything...*you know how it goes *

The purse he was carrying belonged to the husband and wife that entered after the officers. One of the officers had to hold the husband back as he tried to attack the chav. They all left without saying a single word to any of us!

It was all over in less than a minute. My co-workers and I were stood, with looks of on our faces.

Wow! Something like that happened at an auto shop I worked at.

The shop was the rear of two shops, with a long, narrow, dead-end driveway.

I was working alone, as my colleagues had left on an errand. I heard a bunch of sirens, getting louder, and louder, and LOUDER, and LOUDER...

Suddenly, a pickup truck comes screeching into the shop bay, driven by this creepy looking guy... he backs out to turn around, but the single-lane driveway is now filled with screaming, flashing police cars out to the street, cops with guns behind the doors of each!

The cops from the first car were on each side of the vehicle with guns pointed at him. I was frozen in the shop like this: Then the moment was broken, and the guy screeched forward five feet, striking the cop car with a smash-tinkle.

The driver cop yelled GOD DAMN IT about his car, and yanked open the passenger door of the truck, as his female partner somehow tackled him through the driver side, resulting in him rocketing out the passenger door, whereupon she landed hard on top of him flat on the ground! It was a Wonder Woman move if I ever saw one. The scummy-looking idiot was cuffed and put in the back of an uncrashed cop car, posthaste.

A large crowd gathered at the street, which made the scene all the more surreal, as it was an industrial area with little pedestrian traffic. It turns out, the guy had done something like expose himself to children in a park. It proved to be a dumb move, because it was a rather ghetto neighborhood, and he soon had a mob of gangbanger parents after him! The cops took up the chase, and it ended at my place; lucky me!

It gets stranger, though. One of the gangbanger dudes walked up the driveway, past a million cops, and stole the radio out of the suspect's truck, in full view of the cops and suspect, and walked back out with it. Nobody said a thing to him!
    Suckiness is reinforced up OR down at every transaction. Accepting BS makes them worse for all of us; firm fairness trains them to suck less.

Comment

Quoth Automan Empire View Post
      It gets stranger, though. One of the gangbanger dudes walked up the driveway, past a million cops, and stole the radio out of the suspect's truck, in full view of the cops and suspect, and walked back out with it. Nobody said a thing to him!
      Now THAT is what I call "community-based" law enforcement! The law-and-order side of me wants to protest... but it sounds like there no "alleged" about this guy's crime.

SirWired

Comment

CRML, Automan, those are both awesome stories. What a great way for the universe to perk up otherwise boring days!
        EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS CANCER AND MADNESS. (Gravekeeper)
        ~-~
        Also, I have been told that I am sarcastic. I don’t know where anyone would get such an impression.(Gravekeeper again)

Comment

Oh the irony and sweet sweet karma!!
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I think this describes what Im feeling at the moment.
            Attached Files

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
              Officer: We are placing you under arrest for theft. You do not have to say anything...*you know how it goes *
              From an ignorant American: How does it go? Ours are called "Miranda rights," named after a not-very-nice man (to say the least) and go like this, "You are under arrest for (crime). Anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford one, one will be assigned to you from the court of law." Or something to that affect...

Comment

Quoth aj_prettiful View Post
                From an ignorant American: How does it go?
                I am arresting you on suspicion of [crime], you do not have to say anything, but it may harm your defence if you do not mention, when questioned, something which you later rely on in court, anything you do say may be used in evidence. The reason for this arrest is to effect a prompt and effective investigation (the last line may change depending on the circumstances).

The arresting officer should also ensure that the arrested person understands the caution.
                A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Thanks! Ours are similar.

Comment

Working...
                  X