Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, this thread is a bit old, but I like your threads so much I put your name into the search thing. Anyway, kind of the same thing happened to me when I was a kid. I was playing basketball and the old lady next door started yelling at me for making noise and knocking the leaves off her tree (wtf?) and threatened to call the police. I was really sensitive back then and went crying to my mother, and she told me not to listen to her because she was old and going senile.

It was true- this old woman couldn't tell night from day and would do her gardening at 2 in the morning. That's why she was mad, she thought I was playing basketball at night. Somebody on the street saw her working in the garden in the middle of the night and called her son, and her son said "What do you want me to do about it?"

Anyway, the neighbour made a few other calls and the old lady eventually was put in a nursing home and the house was sold to someone else. This poor lady had a nice son who lived far away, and a jackass son who lived nearby. Her husband had died some years before, but not before making obscene phone calls to my mother. My mom recognized his voice and asked "Is that you, George?" and he hung up. Afterwards he never acknowledged her on the street despite having always had before, that's how we knew it was him for sure.
    Whew! That got a bit long, but I think it's kind of a good story. A little sad, but the obscene phone call bit always gets a laugh. Oh, and way to go to your mom for taking the paper route and doing the thing with the gate! That's exactly what I would do.
    Last edited by mariamousie1; 07-02-2009, 05:28 AM.
    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
      I quit the round when I was 16, but my mum took over it. She liked doing it because she liked going on walks and it gave her a little pocket money.

She also delivered to a neighbours house. One time, she accidentally left his gate open (she was sure she closed it behind her) and the neighbour yelled "STUPID BITCH" at her, thinking she wouldn't hear him over her i-pod.

She heard. And lets just say his gate was ALWAYS left open after that. Even if she was just randomly walking past his house. I think she still does it to this day...
      I Love your Mom.

Comment

Not only was she a SC but she was also a grown woman who liked to pick on KIDS. Now that is just sick. Who feels the need to hunt down a 14 year old and yell at them. Really.

Comment

God...if an SC ever followed me home, it would be unholy. I keep a bat hidden near my door at all times since I don't trust random people knocking at my place. If one of MY crazy-ass customers ever showed up there to do anything but kneel and beg my forgiveness, odds are things would get ugly real fast.

This probably speaks to the quality of the people I have dealt with in the past, that I prepare myself to do battle with them at all times...
          "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
          "What IS fun to fight through?"
          "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

That job sucks so much.

The work is ridiculously hard, you have to wake up way too early and the pay sucks.

My brother had that job and he wanted me to help him. So I woke up one Sunday at 5 in the morning and delivered papers, for 5 hours. Yes, it took two people 5 hours to deliver all the papers we had gotten. I got 10 bucks for helping him (half of what he got.)

He quit after that... it was his second week. Can't blame him.
            http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
            Melody Gardot

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
              Okay ma'am, I'll stop scaring your dog.

*stops delivering paper*
              No, no, no. Continues delivering paper. Delivering it to the end of the driveway, into the bushes, into puddles (without plastic wrap), onto roof, tied to mailbox, etc.
              Women can do anything men can.
              But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
              Maxine

Comment

Quoth Sparky View Post
                No, no, no. Continues delivering paper. Delivering it to the end of the driveway, into the bushes, into puddles (without plastic wrap), onto roof, [STRIKE]tied[/strike] taped to mailbox, etc.
                There. Fixed that for my own amusement, and maximum irritation factor.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                  There. Fixed that for my own amusement, and maximum irritation factor.

^-.-^
                  I'm assuming with duct tape....
                  It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                    I'm assuming with duct tape....
                    Epoxy works better, especially in wet climates.

Comment

I subbed on two paper routes. The most 'fun' I ever had were the people who's dog always tried to bite anyone walking by. After many complaints, their solution was to put up a fence...a snow fence. Yeah, that will keep your large dog in the yard securely. Not!!
                      Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Working...
                      X