This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth infinitemonkies View Post
    Here at the hotel, the single most common item left behind/forgotten is cell phones and/or chargers. In any given week housekeeping will find 5-10 phones. We've got a big box of them locked up in lost & found.

The thing that really amazes me is that about 50% of people who lose thier phone will never even attempt to find it or get it back.
    The same thing happens where I work, except with scientific calculators. Most of the people who come back looking didn't even leave theirs in my lab, but I am prepared to offer them one from the 30 or 40 or so that no one ever claimed.
    I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

WTF? If he had called himself or just went over there, he could have had the farking thing back by now.

What a complete EW.
      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth reimero View Post
        Eh. Just refer him to VRS. That's Dave's job anyway
        Or send him my way. Oh, yes. By all means, send this cocksucker my way........

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
        SC: I need you to find out where my bag is.

SC: Well keep trying! I need that bag! You need to find my bag!

SC: No, you go down there and ask. I need that bag.

SC: You need to find my bag!
        "No, YOU Need to find your bag! *I* need to run my pub. Finding your bag that was left with another business because of your carelessness is in no way part of my job description. You want your bag? You have their number....you call them! If you don't like that, well, I am sure you can find another fucking place to drink the day away without your precious fucking bag, Sparky!"

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth jjllbb View Post
          Don't the checkbooks have addresses on them?
          Eh, probably. Our "policy", such as it is, on lost items with a name on them is to do a 411 look up, then shove it in a drawer for all eternity.
          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Ok...I haven't read the post yet, but the topic title got me. I just watched Dr. Who's 'Are you my mummy', yesterday, and my daughter and I have decided it is the creepiest show ever.
            Tamezin

Comment

Quoth tamezin View Post
              Ok...I haven't read the post yet, but the topic title got me. I just watched Dr. Who's 'Are you my mummy', yesterday, and my daughter and I have decided it is the creepiest show ever.
              Just wait till you see "Blink"
              ludo ergo sum

Comment

"Blink" is still my favorite Doctor Who episode EVER. And I've only seen it once.

Come on, BBC America, play "Blink"!

Though to be fair, I do see "Are You My Mummy" causing more nightmares than "Blink." Blink is scary, but "AYMM" is far, far creepier, in my personal opinion.

But just remember this:

"EVERYbody lives, Rose. Just this once, EVERYbody lives!!!!"

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Steven Moffat is the man who wrote what are, in my opinion, the creepiest episodes of Dr. Who, "The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances" (are you my mummy?), "The Girl in the Fireplace", "Blink", and "Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead"

He's taking over as head writer/executive producer from Russel T. Davies in 2010. I cannot tell you how happy I am. (Not that Russel is leaving, just who they're replacing him with.)

[/Dr. Who geek]
                  The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                    What part of his bag is not the pub's responsibility did that EW not understand.
                    It wouldn't have been as bad if he'd lost it at the pub...

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                    Steven Moffat is the man who wrote what are, in my opinion, the creepiest episodes of Dr. Who, "The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances" (are you my mummy?), "The Girl in the Fireplace", "Blink", and "Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead"

He's taking over as head writer/executive producer from Russel T. Davies in 2010. I cannot tell you how happy I am. (Not that Russel is leaving, just who they're replacing him with.)

[/Dr. Who geek]
                    and have you seen what they're doing for the Children in Need special?
                    Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Working...
                    X