Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about all the videos you see on Youtube of people recording their landing and takeoff at airports?
    If for any reason you're not satisfied with our service, I hate you.

Comment

Quoth Iced Coffee Man View Post
      What about all the videos you see on Youtube of people recording their landing and takeoff at airports?
      Those videos are posted by the survivors

There are failsafes, there are pilots who are trained to deal with adverse conditions, and so forth. That they are able to land a plane safely even when their instruments are being adversely affected doesn't make it a good idea to add to the load.

Or to put it another way, your car's got airbags and safety belts. Doesn't make it a good idea to play chicken with a tree.
      "Joi's CEO is about as sneaky and subtle as a two year old on crack driving an air craft carrier down Broadway." - Broomjockey

Comment

I tend to listen to the stewards/esses. They fly EVERY. DAY. For HOURS. They know their shit. They've been there, they've done that. It's not like they're saying all the passengers have to stand on their heads and scream like chickens before landing can happen.
        It's a simple request that is easy to comply with.
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

They could change it to say "CD players and dedicated MP3 players are allowed during flight, but any item that may send out a signal such as a cell phone or laptop must be turned off and put away".

That way you don't have to deal with big-ass laptops flying around the cabin (though I think an event that causes a laptop to jump 3 feet in the air and go flying back is going to give you a much bigger problem than the loose object), and people who want to listen to their music are happy.

Besides, no one wants to hear your cell phone conversation in the air. Limiting cell phones except at pre-departure and post-landing is fine with me.
          My iPod is not going to kill someone.

Comment

Quoth MercenaryMuffin View Post
            They could change it to say "CD players and dedicated MP3 players are allowed during flight, but any item that may send out a signal such as a cell phone or laptop must be turned off and put away".

That way you don't have to deal with big-ass laptops flying around the cabin (though I think an event that causes a laptop to jump 3 feet in the air and go flying back is going to give you a much bigger problem than the loose object), and people who want to listen to their music are happy.

Besides, no one wants to hear your cell phone conversation in the air. Limiting cell phones except at pre-departure and post-landing is fine with me.
            My iPod is not going to kill someone.
            I don't see the problem with laptops during the flight as most of the time the passengers are compliant with putting them away the first time I ask.

Ipods must still be turned off for take-off landing and ear phones taken out as you need to be able to hear commands by the cabin crew such as 'brace brace' or unfasten your seatbelt and get out.'
            No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Again, I should repeat that fact that I often sit in the flight deck for take-off and landing and have the headset on so I can hear the communication with air traffic control. Several times I have heard the interference sound of a mobile phone and the pilots have to ask air traffic to repeat themselves. This *could* cause a problem if they heard incorrectly and could cause collision with another plane etc
              No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Ipods must still be turned off for take-off landing and ear phones taken out as you need to be able to hear commands by the cabin crew such as 'brace brace' or unfasten your seatbelt and get out.'
                You know, I never thought of that. Guess it's a "duh" kinda thing now that I do

Comment

Ok, so any people that work on Delta, if you notice someone paying way too much attention to your instructions between ABQ and EDI, that'll be me!

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                  Twins! We should get matching shirts. My favourite colour is blue.
                  My long lost brother! Except my favorite color is purple, but we could get matching designs!

Quoth crashhelmet View Post
                  How many planes have built in television monitors or phones in their headrests. What about the radio services a lot of them offer. All of these devices could emit the same interference they claim others do.
                  Quoth Arm View Post
                  The television monitors, etc. that are built into the planes can be, and most likely are, either shielded to prevent interference, or represent a known interference that the plane's equipment can then ignore.
                  That. Plus, if you notice, those things aren't operable during take-off and landing.

Quoth Arm View Post
                  there are pilots who are trained to deal with adverse conditions, and so forth. That they are able to land a plane safely even when their instruments are being adversely affected doesn't make it a good idea to add to the load.
                  Even when their runway turns out to be the Hudson!
                  It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Of course, I also always pay attention to the little safety demonstration before the plane takes off. someone is talking, it's no skin off my nose to listen to them. Besides, it might save my life some day.

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                      They're saying all the passengers have to stand on their heads and scream like chickens before landing can happen.
                      It's a simple request that is easy to comply with.
                      edited for amusement purposes

Sorry I just thought that might make a flight more interesting.......<runs and hides from the mod>

By the way do chickens scream?
                      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                        edited for amusement purposes

Sorry I just thought that might make a flight more interesting.......<runs and hides from the mod>

By the way do chickens scream?
                        BWAHAHAHAHAH!!! The mental image is too much for me!!
                        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

During take-off and landing, stow your crap.

If you really want to have an idea of what happens during sudden speed/trajectory changes, just Google for "disturbing seat belt public service announcement" and, if you're not squeamish, go ahead and watch. There are several of them out there, and none of them are pretty.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                            During take-off and landing, stow your crap.

If you really want to have an idea of what happens during sudden speed/trajectory changes, just Google for "disturbing seat belt public service announcement" and, if you're not squeamish, go ahead and watch. There are several of them out there, and none of them are pretty.

^-.-^
                            Ok, the Brits win for disturbing PSAs!
                            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Sounds to me he got all pissy because he had to stop playing his online video game until you land. Next time he shouldn't get so involved in his "game".

wait...I thought that you wern't really supposed to use electronic devices (like a cell phone or laptop) because it woyld screw up the navigation system on the plane?
                              NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

Working...
                              X