This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I may have been a bit sucky...

As a lot of you all know, I am feeling VERY burnt out from my job, and unfortunately, job hunting is going very slowly. So this is probably why I reacted like this.

It was a nice quiet afternoon. A co-worker was serving the customers, and I was at the end of the bar cleaning all the glasses and putting them out. This also meant that I had my back to the bar. All of a sudden, I hear:

SC: OI! PAL! AREN'T YOU SERVING ANYONE TODAY???

I turn around and see the SC glaring at me. But he was the ONLY customer waiting at the bar. In fact, my co-worker was actually walking up to serve him!

CW: It's OK customersruinmylife, I'll serve him.
    Me: No. Let me. What can I get you sir?

The SC proceeded to order a few cocktail pitchers. He also dropped in a few comments on how lazy I was for not serving him and that the customer should always come first.

Why did I go up to serve him? Well, I looked at the clock and it said 3:59pm. I was schedueled to finish at 4pm.

The second the clock hit 4pm, I dropped what I was doing and walked out the door, not saying a word as I left.

About twenty minutes later, CW text me.

"That was HILARIOUS! He stood there for about ten minutes looking really confused"

I asked what his reaction was.

"He thought you had forgotten you were serving him! It's OK, I finished the order for you "

I felt a bit bad afterwards. Not for the customer, but for my co-worker. I'm glad he wasn't sucky towards her because of me.

go you...i hope he gets the message if enough people do that to him...

"WARNING: We WILL forget about you if you're rude or demanding."

^SC DE-motivational poster...

Comment

That's hilarious. I wish there was a way to have seen his face. That's... simply priceless.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

The guy deserved it! I do not think it was sucky at all on your part

Comment

I don't think you were at all sucky. I think it is unacceptable to have that kind of attitude (that the customer had). If I was waiting for service at a bar and the bartender had their back to me, busy with a project, I'd wait a minute for them to finish and then if they didn't, I'd politely say, "Excuse me? Sorry to bother you, but would I be able to get something to drink?" Well, actually, I probably wouldn't say anything at all, I would likely just wait to be noticed.

Comment

Hey, if the people who get the fallout (your coworkers) are good with it, then no harm no foul.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I still don't get why people are dicks to the ones handling their money, food, car, children, drinks ect ect....

Comment

That was a fine display of pwnage right there buddy I wish I was there to see that!
                Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

LOL. I like calling chavs 'sir' in a patronising way It's most likely the only time they get addressed as that, bless.

Though generally, being the raving commie that I am I try not to call passengers sir or madam.

That SC was an idiot. You did not do anything wrong.
                  No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

That is absolutely EPIC.

Here's your sign...

Comment

Quoth WhiteRose View Post
                      go you...i hope he gets the message if enough people do that to him...

"WARNING: We WILL forget about you if you're rude or demanding."

^SC DE-motivational poster...
                      Gotcha covered on that one!
                      Attached Files
                      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
                        I still don't get why people are dicks to the ones handling their money, food, car, children, drinks ect ect....
                        They've never been on the other side of the counter, and have no clue what it's like to be constantly shouted at, demeaned, hit on, sworn at, mocked and otherwise treated less-than-human for eight hours a day and minimum wage (or less). Nor do they have the mental capacity to imagine what it's like to be treated that way.
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                        X