Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please take the lingerie off the walls!

I was reading etiquettehell.com and the posts regarding bridal showers and remembered this small little gem from my days of waiting tables at Chili's in Texas. They weren't so much sucky as just airheaded to think that this move would be okay without being specific in their request.

Even though Chili's had a bar/cocktail area where you could watch sports, hang-out, and drink...it was more or less a family atmosphere in the restaurant area which comprised most of the place.

We had no separate eating areas for small or large parties...just larger tables. We had a bachelorette party come in for dinner one evening before heading out to their other festivities and request our large booth in the back corner of the restaurant. Although this table was off the beaten trail, it was RIGHT by the doors to the restrooms where every patron, including small children would pass through.

They had some table decorations that were fine. We got them seated and drinks ordered. I think it was a total of 8 women. All was fine until one arrived and asked if she could decorate the walls surrounding the booth. We thought it'd be with some party type decorations, so the manager allowed it.

I walked by the table a minute later to see the woman who had asked hanging several pieces of very tacky lingerie. Leather and chain, edible undie variety. I don't mind, I am not offended by such items...but these were definitely items not suitable for children eyes....meaning, there was no way these could be passed off as merely "jammies" or "pj's".

She was promptly asked to take these items down. She gave a little bit of a fight, but not that much. After all, she did understand that she did not specify what type of decorations she had asked to hang.

Sheesh....have a bit of consideration, ya know - you're not the ONLY ones in the restaurant.
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
    Sheesh....have a bit of consideration, ya know - you're not the ONLY ones in the restaurant.
    yeah but the only one that matters.
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Working...
    X