This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towel Scam

Long time no post… So just to recap, I work at the front desk of a gym.
    A man comes up to the front desk all sweaty (had just finished working out) and requests a towel rental.
    Me: “No problem, that’ll be one dollar and we just need to hold on to your membership card until you return the towel in that drop off slot.” *points*
    SC: “Oh, here’s my card. I don’t have a dollar on me right now, is it okay if I pay you when I return the towel?”
    Me: feeling nice “Okay that’s fine.”
    About a half hour later the man comes to the front desk and tries to hand me the towel (which is sloppily folded up).
    Me: “You can just drop it in that slot, and its one dollar.”
    SC: Still trying to hand me the towel “Oh, I didn’t use it. I found a towel in my locker after all. It’s dry, feel it”
    Now , I have no way of knowing happened with the towel after it went into the men’s locker room. And there is no way I am going to touch that towel when it could have just been used as butt floss, let alone put it back with the clean ones so that some other poor customer can use it. Also, I could tell that it had been unfolded and folded back up because we fold them a certain way so that they take up less space.
    Me: “We still need to wash that towel, so please drop it in the slot.”
    Normally, I don’t put up with crap like that but I’m not going to stand there and argue over one dollar. I just handed him his card back without a word or a smile and called up the next customer. It just got under my skin that people can be so cheap!

It doesn't surprise me. I remember from when I worked at the grocery store listening to a guy argue over paying 21 cents for an onion.

"I ain't paying no 21 cents for an onion..."

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
      It doesn't surprise me. I remember from when I worked at the grocery store listening to a guy argue over paying 21 cents for an onion.

"I ain't paying no 21 cents for an onion..."

I Had one like that, she wouldn't pay 25p for a postcard so I said ok and put it back on the rack. She wasn't too happy but I couldn't be bothered with any crap that day.

Comment

At the college recreational facility I worked at, the towel cards were 50 cents.

Scams got so bad, that towel cards were switched for different colored ones every now and then, and we had to inspect all the towels as they were turned in (had big rubber gloves for that) to make sure they were ours, and not some other towel or one used by Maintenance/Housekeeping. You wouldn't be surprised at how many wrong colored cards/garbage towels we got. Some people, trying to scam a towel card, tried to hurriedly throw a towel (not ours) in the bin, but I was too fast for them.

Comment

Don't forget to bring a towel!
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
            Don't forget to bring a towel!
            Yes, you can wrap it around your head to avoid the gaze of Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal.
            "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
              Yes, you can wrap it around your head to avoid the gaze of Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal.
              Furthermore.... "This creature is so mind-bogglingly stupid that it assumes that if someone cannot see it, then it cannot see the person."
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Bunch of hoopy froods in this thread.

And yes, I know where my towel is.
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Would anyone like a bite of my towel?

Comment

Working...
                  X