This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot tips for clearance swamp shoppers

If you have a bunch of questions about something or other we have, FFS come into the store instead of playing 20 Questions over the phone with me. Unless you'd like to rot away on hold while I gallivant around the store to find out how much it costs, what its measurements are, how much assembly it needs, what the regular price is, etc. because you didn't think to ask me all these questions at once.

And if you do call in hoping to "save a trip", FFS don't bitch at me about being put on hold so much. I'm talking to you, the battle axe with the smoked-up voice calling in about some stupid chair.

Moving on--pay attention when driving around in the parking lot! Retrieving shopping carts should not mean cheating death because somebody whipped around the corner without looking to see if anything or anybody is in the way. Oh, Blondie, whom I observed darting through the lot right at me while blah-blah-blahing on her cell phone, you might find this helpful.

This also applies when you are on foot. Pay attention to your surroundings! It may prevent you getting hurt or being mugged or something. And this is aimed at the fat, unwashed, unshaven turd who makes Michael Moore look like Brad Pitt who waddled right in front of me, and my line of over 10 shopping carts which I was unable to stop, obviously off in La-La Land. You are very fortunate those carts did not end up shoving you right into the entrance doors.

Oh, and teenage/young adult troublemakers who have nothing better to do than sit in our parking lot at night and cause trouble? Feel free to find someplace else to lob your liquor bottles than one of the heavily-trafficked driveways into our lot. We don't want to be dealing with somebody's severe tire damage because you're piggish louts who want to avoid arrest under the open container laws.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    If you have a bunch of questions about something or other we have, FFS come into the store instead of playing 20 Questions over the phone with me.
    But your voice is sexy!
    "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
      But your voice is sexy!
      Well Duhhhhhhhh!

But lamentably "phone sex" is nowhere in my job description. Even though it oughta be.

Comment

Ugh, I hate it when someone calls and asks about a title. I trot off to retrieve it, and when I return to the phone they say, "Oh, and I wanted to know about this title too...". Once I had a person who did this to me 6 times. SIX.

Efficiency, you're doing it wrong.
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Oh, and teenage/young adult troublemakers who have nothing better to do than sit in our parking lot at night and cause trouble? Feel free to find someplace else to lob your liquor bottles than one of the heavily-trafficked driveways into our lot. We don't want to be dealing with somebody's severe tire damage because you're piggish louts who want to avoid arrest under the open container laws.
          We used to go to some public tennis courts to play. One morning we came in to find that someone had broken 40 oz bottles on every single court. It was obvious it was deliberate. Jackasses.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

But lamentably "phone sex" is nowhere in my job description. Even though it oughta be.

Would $3.99 a minute change your mind? Because I got about $4 on me.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
              Would $3.99 a minute change your mind? Because I got about $4 on me.
              I dunno. I don't know how much I can squeeze into a minute.

"YESYESYESYES! You were great hun! I'm going to have a cigarette now."

Comment

I hated fetching carts.....

Comment

I now have $8.....gimme the best you got. And hurry.

Comment

I had someone do that to me when I was new at my part-time job. Customer called, and wanted me to tell her what new stuff had come in since she was in last!!! First of all, I have NO idea who she is, and thus have NO idea when she was last in. Secondly, I'm not a mind reader, so I have no way of knowing what merchandise you've seen, and what you haven't! COME IN AND LOOK!

And then there are those who will call, usually looking for a sale item, and want to know what we have, say in tops or pants. Um, we have lots of each, WAY too many to go into, so again, why don't you simply come in and look?

Comment

I dunno. I don't know how much I can squeeze into a minute.

"YESYESYESYES! You were great hun! I'm going to have a cigarette now."
                      That's about your normal time, Irv.

Burn.

JUST KIDDING. <3
                      "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
                        Customer called, and wanted me to tell her what new stuff had come in since she was in last!!
                        Had a regular who did that to me every week at The Chesterfield. He'd be standing in the store (IN THE F***ING STORE!) and ask me "What's new since last week?"

I point at the new release wall, where it has been the past eleventy bazillion years, until the week we moved it to the other side of the store, and even then, he was basically staring at it by talking to me.
                        I eventually gave up one week and replied, "Same place they were last week, and the week before that, etc."
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Burn.

JUST KIDDING. <3
                          Hahahahahahahahaha.

Brilliant.

But you just know Irv's got a good comeback at the ready.
                          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                            Hahahahahahahahaha.

Brilliant.

But you just know Irv's got a good comeback at the ready.

And I'll be ready.

Comment

Burn.

JUST KIDDING. <3
                              I've still got Al Bundy beat by a good 55 seconds.

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                              I now have $8.....gimme the best you got. And hurry.
                              Okay, skip the foreplay. On the kitchen table with ya.

Comment

Working...
                              X