This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pharmaceutical Phiending Phartknocker

Here is a little tale about someone's drug-seeking epic fail today at the Medicine Hat, and how it got nowhere with me at the helm of this anti-seeking operation.

This idiot's mom dropped off a prescription for a common controlled drug and I gave her a wait time. Thinking nothing of it at the time, I put it in line and continue to work. I get to this prescription and the insurance gave me a too soon error.

My suspicions somewhat aroused, but still thinking it could be as innocent as a directions change, I called the insurance and found out that another pharmacy filled an identical drug not too long before I attempted to fill this one. I then called the other pharmacy and found out that it was a different doctor.

I then start to get VERY suspicious and start communicating with the doctor. I then find out that there were no less than three pharmacies involved with completely different prescriptions for very similarly controlled medications, not to mention multiple fills on each of them in the course of a week! During this time, the patient came back.

I tell the cashier to let her know I'm speaking with the doctor. Eventually, I go up there to explain, and she asked if they could pay cash for it. I politely told her that I would not allow that until I received more information from the doctor as to what to do (as I had since hung up with the doctor and was waiting for more instructions from them).

She then left and soon after that, the chief idiot called.

Me: Thank you for calling the Medicine Hat, this is Iris, how may I help you?

Idiot: Yeah, I sent my mom down to pick up a script for me and you wouldn't give it to her!!11!

Me: Yeah, there's an issue with the insurance right now and I'm currently talking to the doctor about it.

Idiot: Whaddya mean issue?

Me: It's too soon and I can't fill it.

Idiot: Can I pay cash for it? (Hah! Yeah right, looooooser)

Me: I'm not going to allow that until I hear back from the doctor (I know at this point that they're not going to allow it, I'm just waiting for that final nail in the coffin)

Idiot: Can I just get my script back, then? (It's two seconds away from being shredded, dumbass)

Me: No, I'm not going to give it back to you until the doctor gets back to me. I'll call you when I hear something.

Idiot: Whatever, after I get this you'll never see me here again. (Promise?)

Me: That's fine by me, but I'm not doing anything with this until I hear back from them.

Idiot: Just call me when it's done. (Suuuure, I'll get right on that.)

Me: All right.

*he hangs up*

It got to be a while, so I then call the doctor and start speaking to the nurse. She tells me "No way". I never hear back from the patient again...and as an added bonus, the doctor talked to the other physicians involved as well as the other pharmacies.

I then shred the prescription and go on with my day. Big win for us!

The seeker's new theme song.
    Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

shouldn't the authorities also been informed?

Nice way to catch 'em, Iris

Comment

Medicine Hat, Alberta?

Comment

JEEEZ. Who sends their MOMMY on a drug seeking mission for them? what a loser.

Comment

Quoth VComps View Post
          Medicine Hat, Alberta?
          Not quite that far in the north.

I know of Medicine Hat, Alberta, and I just thought it would be a cute pseudonym for the little pharmacy I work at.

Comment

Quoth VComps View Post
            Medicine Hat, Alberta?
            But are they running back to Saskatoon?

B
            "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
            I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Quoth Bandit View Post
              But are they running back to Saskatoon?

B
              And are they singing all those prairie tunes?
              What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

good for you, investigating and refusing the sale of the medicine..
                but... what the hell on the other pharms who just filled it? I'm sure it dinged on them too.. >.>

[your avatar fangirlishness] GREMIO! *SQUEE* [/fangirlishness]
                "If looks could really kill, my occupation would be staring" Brand New - I Will Play My Game Beneath The Spin Light

Comment

Of course, if the drug-seeker had told you they didn't have insurance, there would have been no need to run it through the insurance system, where it got flagged as suspicious. They'd have paid cash and walked out with their dope, and you wouldn't have realized that anything was wrong.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Setsunaela View Post
                    good for you, investigating and refusing the sale of the medicine..
                    but... what the hell on the other pharms who just filled it? I'm sure it dinged on them too.. >.>

[your avatar fangirlishness] GREMIO! *SQUEE* [/fangirlishness]
                    Well, I only got lucky because he tried to fill the same formulation of this particular medication as he had in the past, and that's why the insurance flagged it. As far as I know, the three pharmacies did not know about each other prior to his slip-up. That, and I didn't have the noodle-spine for a pharmacist that day, so I had more freedom to bust him.

I like Gremio too. ^_^x What a brave thing he did in Suikoden I...

Of course, if the drug-seeker had told you they didn't have insurance, there would have been no need to run it through the insurance system, where it got flagged as suspicious. They'd have paid cash and walked out with their dope, and you wouldn't have realized that anything was wrong.
                    That doesn't exactly work with me either. If I see that they have an active insurance on their file even though they say otherwise, I'll still try to bill the insurance. That goes for any med, not just controls. I've called BS on a few occasions in similar situations.

Comment

Working...
                    X