X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After he left, my manager was like, 'Man, what was his problem?'
    Buskulltt-itis!

It's when they get their head stuck in their ass and become immune to reason or logic. A very common complaint amongst the SC community!
    Good customers are as rare as Latinum. Treasure them. ~ The 57th Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition.

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
      Plus it gets them to READ.
      But anything that gets kids to willingly read 600+ page books is evil.

I really wish people would be excited that their kid just read a long book with good vocabulary instead of thinking that their child would suddenly be possessed by Satan.
      Elwood: "We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."
      Jake: "Hit it."

Comment

Quoth IoRamona View Post
        a long book with good vocabulary
        I thought we were talking about Harry Potter?

Don't get me wrong. I think it's well-written, with good characterization, but "good vocabulary?" No. Not really. Decent, maybe, but apart from the made-up words, I doubt many kids were learning new words *cough*Philosopher vs. sorcerer*cough*
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Please bear in mind Broomjockey that some of us deal with people on a day to day basis that would struggle with "The Cat in the Hat" vocabulary.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

My good friend K loves HP and so do I. Shoot, better stop by Hot Topic and get some HP duds then!
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
              Uggh. When HP first came-out there were so many wackjobs going-on about how it's evil! I watched a movie about a children's christian camp and they did a speech to the kiddies about the evils of HP and how wizards and witches etc. cannot be good.
              I saw that thing too! At least, I am pretty sure I know what you're talking about. And you are right! It was insane, when they got to that part I was about to jump up and start yelling at the TV!

Some people...

Comment

I'm always reminded of Ned Flanders saying, "And then Harry Potter and all his wizard friends went straight to hell for practicing witchcraft!"
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                X