This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save the Trees Moron

so some fancy guy brings an expensive coat up to the till and i ring it up; he's perfectly polite and all. I then get out the branded carrier bag and tissue paper to wrap the coat in; he gives me a look like ive just brought a sweet little puppy out the drawer and offered him a hammer.

SC: I dont THINK so
    Me: I'm sorry?
    SC: I think i'll SAVE the trees thank you very much!

He stuffs his £400 jacket in a carrier bag he's got and flounces out like some angry & bearded xmas fairy. Part of me thinks he has a point; yeh i suppose its more 'green' to use a bag he already has. It's just, if I spent £400 on a jacket i would want a nice bag and it all wrapped up yno? BUT - the tree used to make the bag i offered him is already dead. And yno what pal, I DIDN'T CUT IT DOWN.

Rude.Moron.

See, the proper response would have been "Oh there's no need to do that, I already have a bag, I'll just take a receipt, thanks" etc. etc.

That guy? Elitist asshole.
    It's like the people in Vegas who have sex in video-monitored elevators.. -MoxisPilot
    The elevators are monitored?!!! OH CRAP!!! -Sheldonrs

Comment

And then he farted and bent down to smell it because he likes the smell of his farts so much.

It's perfectly fine to use re-usable bags. Spouting off on a retail clerk who didn't even know you had the bag until you brought it up is expressing self-righteousness for no reason other than to make yourself feel superior to the person behind the counter.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I get those at work too. They have their cart full of groceries whit the bags on the bottom and never tell us they have them. We bag their stuff up in paper or plastic then they bitch and moan how they had the bag. Well TELL US next time. So i just put the plastic or paper bags in their bags and let them stomp off.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          And then he farted and bent down to smell it because he likes the smell of his farts so much.
          Hey now, everyone appreciates their own brand...>_>
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            Hey now, everyone appreciates their own brand...>_>
            I think the reference went right over your head there.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

People act like they're cutting down old growth forests to make paper bags not pine trees in a tree farm.

Comment

That guy definitely had his own personal cloud of smug.
                It's like the people in Vegas who have sex in video-monitored elevators.. -MoxisPilot
                The elevators are monitored?!!! OH CRAP!!! -Sheldonrs

Comment

mikoyan's tip for the day:
                  Remember kids, it's more important to look green than to be green.....

Comment

I think the reference went right over your head there.
                    Hmph. Touche, sir. At least I met your reference with another reference
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                    X