Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SBR is far from management material. Nuff said.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Are you kidding? SBR would be the PERFECT candidate for management!

I can think of two companies that would gladly hire this douchebag to be their corporate manager puppet:

Convergys
      Charter Communications
      Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Quoth Blade_Raver View Post
        Are you kidding? SBR would be the PERFECT candidate for management!
        My experience is that many people think angry and defensive is a good mindset for managers.
        Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

Quoth infinitemonkies View Post
          When you work in a restaurant it's almost impossible to get any kind of break at all unless you're smoking. Also, in my experience, about 90% of restaurant workers smoked. That's not a coincidence.
          This annoys me. I don't smoke, so if I want a break, the official rule is that I have to clock out & lose 30 mins. of pay. But the people who are addicted to the little sticks can take multiple paid breaks per shift. They're supposed to be doing work outside while they smoke, but they never do. So addiction=paid break. Fine. I'm addicted to food; I die without it. (I often work 6, 7, or 8-hour shifts w/ no break.)
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

So, what about the "Lump"? It's like, you just mentioned him, gave all this backstory involving him, and just abandoned him to talk about SBR.

WHAT HAPPENS TO LUMP? Don't leave us hanging, wondering...
            I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

Quoth poofy_puff View Post
              So, what about the "Lump"? It's like, you just mentioned him, gave all this backstory involving him, and just abandoned him to talk about SBR.

WHAT HAPPENS TO LUMP? Don't leave us hanging, wondering...
              lol yeah, I thought maybe Lump was going to rise up righteous and smack the shit out of SBR
              "Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds..."

Though I am not naturally honest, I am so sometimes by chance.

Comment

Poor Lump. I'm sorry to have given the appearence that he was further involved. I only mentioned his story to demonstrate that my choice of activity had nothing whatsoever to do with SBR - that it was chosen to play to Lump's, um, strengths. He sat quietly by during the whole exchange, his face a dreamy smile, as he had done for the entire class. I think he was in his happy place for the whole week. Must be some place.
                SBR, on the other hand, has since had his driver's privileges revoked due to some poor performance on the road. Seems I'm not the only one who brings out the worst in him.
                Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

Quoth seigus View Post
                  My experience is that many people think angry and defensive is a good mindset for managers.
                  Sorry, my previous post was bitter sarcasm.

My honest feelings are:
                  1) SBR is a horrible example of what a good manager is.
                  2) It was also a Mike Tyson-esque jab at Convergys and Charter (both which are completely horrible companies that have horrendous turnover rates due to mismanagement) and their hiring and managing practices.
                  Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Working...
                  X