This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palmpilot moron

This happened some time ago when I was at Staples.

Guy called in (he had a thick middle-eastern accent, not that it matters) asking if we had the Palm Vx in stock, which had just been replaced by the then-new m500.

SC: I'm looking for the Palm Vx, the blue one.

Me: I'm sorry sir, they're discontinued and are replaced by the m500 which we have.

SC: So you don't have them in stock?

Me: No. As a said, we only have the m500's and they only come in silver. The Vx's are no longer made.

SC: That is not acceptable. You have to have them in stock!

Me: Sir this location has no more Vx's of any color. If you want I can check another store....

SC: (cuts me off). I want to speak to your supervisor!

Me: OK.

Well, my sales manager gets on the line. The guy tells him he was talking about the m500 and that "our store is full of idiots."

Sales manager looks at me, asking why would talk like that to a customer. I said, "Huh? He said repeatedly he was looking for the blue edition Vx, not the m500."

He said, "How do I know you're not lying about it?"

At that point I just gave up.

Managers like that typically don't find me working for them much longer and they certainly will never get anything extra or "above and beyond" from me.

CH
    Some People Are Alive Only Because It Is Illegal To Kill Them

Comment

Quoth crashhelmet View Post
      Managers like that typically don't find me working for them much longer and they certainly will never get anything extra or "above and beyond" from me.

CH

Same here. Why should I work harder, if in return, I get made out to be a lier.
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth sld72382 View Post
        Those clowns always crack me up.

"I don't understand why no one has any loyalty to me! What am I doing wrong?"

I worked for his clone and his clone's sister when I worked for Hardee's. Neither of them could figure why the average tenure in the store was something like six weeks.
        I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

i worked Carl's Jr as an one month emergency job.... this 16 yr old kid was just made a "manager" i use the quotes because of how many 'managers' fast food places seem to have these days. Well it was made clear to me that most of the people working there for a while including some of the other 17 yr old mangers did not support this guy getting the promotion.A few days before it was official he starts ordering everyone around and telling people to do what they are doing at that very moment.

The really screwy thing about this place is that the drive thru order taker / cashier is also responseable for doing dishes and trays. So i'm doing 3 things at once and trying to keep clean enough to work the window and get pulled back to the front. He keep telling me to do the dishes when i am doing the dishes and he's 5 feet away.

Tard had me written up, thank god i got the call for the other job just as i was twisiting the door knob to go to work the next day.

Of course i told you how that job ended...

Comment

Quoth sld72382 View Post

At that point I just gave up.
            Had that happen to me at Advance Auto once.

Manager - How do you know that you're not lying about it?

Me - Because I just lost my other part time job. This job even with the slim amount of hours is the only job I seem to be able to get with the current state of the economy. I am trying to do as good a job as I possibly can because when "C" and "W" leave to go back to college, I want to be one of the ones considered for full-time employment and the much needed medical benefits that come with. You can be assured that I am not lying and you can be assured that I am treating all my customers with professionalism and respect and trying to find solutions to their needs.

To do otherwise would make me the first against the wall when the axe comes down and I frankly cannot afford to lose this job or what little hours I get.

This is how you know that I am not lying. Lying means I become homeless in the middle of winter and would likely freeze and/or starve to death.

Manager - <blink><blink><shakes head> Right. Let me see if I can calm this guy down for you.
            I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

No longer do people shop for something they like in a store, they go to a store and just expect them to have whatever it is they want. If that makes any sense.

Comment

I just put the ball back in thier court..

"Can you think of a good reason WHY I'd lie?"

They never seem to be able to answer that one
                - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                  "Can you think of a good reason WHY I'd lie?"
                  Seriously!

Do they really think we'd make up an elaborate story about a pissed off customer and getting everyone worked up, JUST for shits and giggles? Why would anyone do that?

Just goes to show...so many 'managers' (and I use that term loosely) apply ZERO logic to their problem-solving skills.

That, and I think there's an underground 'spine-removal' clinic somewhere. Alot of big chains probably own stock in it.
                  "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
                  X