Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This reminds me of a very similar customer.

I work in a Safeway in a very rich neighborhood. We get all kinds of snobs. One day, I get an unusually nice customer. She looks like she's pretty wealthy. Stereotypical black dress, pearl necklace, big earings, and nice hair.

She asks me how my day had been, a refreshing change of pace in customer behavior, and several other pleasantries. Her total comes up, $275.50 roughly, and she pays with five $50 bills, and the $10 bills. I pop open the register and give her the cash change (At safeway and many other stores coin change is given out from a machine in front of the cashier.) and for some reason, my change machine flips a bitch and stops working. I pop open the till to give her coin change, and ruh roh, I don't have none.

No more misses nice customer

Me: Oh no! It looks like my machine is busted. If you want to collect your 50 cents you'll have to go up to the customer service desk to collect it.
    SC: Wait... Why can't you give me change from your register?
    Me: Unfortunately we rely on the machines to work, so the only change I have in the register is loose coins form other customers.
    SC: I HAVE TO WALK TO THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DESK FOR FIFTY ****ING CENTS?! (Yes, she really did swear and yell. Funny thing is, the Customer Service desk is 8 feet behind her.)
    Me: I apologize ma'am, I really mean it, I can't help you.
    SC: I have to walk to the service desk,a nd show them my receipt and ask for 50 ****ing cents?! That is the stupidest thing I've EVER heard! What kind of grocery store doesn't carry change in the ****ing registers!

Then a man who I can only assume was her husband or brother grabs her shoulders and kind of drags her out of the store.

Comment

Quoth Teks View Post
      Me: Oh no! It looks like my machine is busted. If you want to collect your 50 cents you'll have to go up to the customer service desk to collect it.
      Are you not allowed to take the change manually from the change machine? I have seen cashiers do that, although I don't recall seeing it done at Safeway.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

ZOMG I have to walk all the way there?!!11!!!11!! But it's sooooooo hard on me!!!
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

First night of work I busted my leg, eventually getting to the point where I couldn't bend my knee. Having no car, no money for taxi service, and having not learned the bus schedule yet (being freshly moved to town), I had little choice but to walk/hobble the five miles to work and walk five miles back home.

Leg got better, eventually.

Then I get folk who wince at the thought of walking across the parking lot to get a cart (granted, why the company wants all the non-shopping carts at the far end is beyond me).
          "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

I lost 20 pounds in 5 months by walking alone. It's great exericise.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
              although I don't recall seeing it done at Safeway.
              I believe at Safeway, the change machines are locked, and only the service desk people responsible for swapping out the trays have keys.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
              X