This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave, before I forget.....

I'm on holiday next weekend in York, England - can you personally recommend a sous chef and a reflexologist for me?

Comment

Quoth IT Grunt View Post
      These people have some pretty freaking high expectations if something that simple ruins their vacation.
      Oh I'm with you on that one. My most recent vacation I had an allergic reaction to the aloe vera gel I used on a sun burn right before leaving. It made driving miserable, and got so bad that I had to stop halfway and spend another night in a hotel. First it went to boils and then to dead leathery skin and is just now finishing to peal off to reveal healthy new skin. I looked like a Star Trek alien the whole week... you know what though, every time I looked at myself in the mirror or felt my forehead (where the worst of the reaction was) I couldn't help but laugh and smile because it reminded me of the amazing time.
      At the hotel I see two kinds of distressed passengers, the royally pissed at the world, how could we be stuck in Salt Lake City type, and the type who say "hey, it's an inconvenience, give me the number to a local pizza place that delivers, find us a deck of cards, we have a dozen new friends to get to know, do you mind if we use the lobby". And yes, I have before at 2am been out in the lobby dealing cards while waiting for the computer to run the close of day (it's times like that which remind me why I went into the industry to begin with... too bad they are so few and far between now).
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Tito View Post
        Is it just me, or does it seem like people are getting worse with entitlement issues these days?
        Well, the ones in VRS's stories certainly are, anyway.
        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Not to mention: EW's are bad enough, but if they used MY name as often as they seem to use Dave's in a 30 second conversation, I'd probably end up losing what little mind I have left.
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I think my reply to their request for a personal recommendation for a private chef would be:

I'm sorry but I do not get paid enough so as to be able to enjoy that kind of privilege. I suggest you either give me an account so I can gain this experience or talk to some of the richer folks in town. Have a good day.
            Bark like a chicken!

Comment

I'm pretty convinced that outside of VRS' house every night, people just chant "Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave"
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
                Guest: of course not, it's just our vacation, who cares? You know what, we are packing up the car and going back to Illinois...this is so horrible the way we are being treated. I feel like am a burden to you all and I am a customer. I shouldnt feel that way.

Yea, but she's not your customer. What makes her think you care? She honestly expects a random stranger that she's not paying in any way/shape/form to cater to her every whim, or else she'll just "go back to Illonois"? Ha!

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
                  Guest: Dave, I need help. I am renting through one of your competitors but they dont have a concierge service ....

Guest: you know what piss off, we are leaving and we are never coming back. Goodbye

Thank you for not spending your money with us and stealing our resources. Have a great day the bill is in the mail.
                  Tamezin

Comment

Working...
                  X