This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You have to be last off the plane if we crash"

Yet more stupidity from the flying public.

I was unfortunately sat in one of the cabin jumpseats and pax thinks that that's a great time to try and talk to you. I hate talking to people and answering their dumb questions so avoid eye contact.

SC: Well at least we're sat by an exit so if we crash I can be the first off!
    Me: Sure
    SC: It's a shame that you have to wait until we are all off before you can jump down that slide though
    Me: What?
    SC: Well that's your job isn't it? To make sure that your PAYING CUSTOMERS get off the plane alive before you?
    Me: I can assure you that I would never put my own life in danger

Seriously, what is wrong with people? Because I'm the flying hired help I get to die? If a fire breaks out and my life is at risk I am not going to watch the seething mass of humanity clamber over each other or put my life at risk for people who think I am the hired help.

The comments passenegers make never fail to astound me. Geesh.
    No longer a flight atttendant!

Nothing like hearing stupid stuff from the Custo-Moos...lol.

Comment

They probably got some idea from watching Titanic that the captain and crew will go down with the ship .

In my place of work it has been suggested that if there's a fire we should try to get all the old people out of the building but that will require multiple trips and I am sorry to say that I am not about to go running back in to a burning building! I will wait for the fire fighters to come and sort things out!

As an aside, it seems strange to me that any old folks home should be more than one floor (ours is four) because in a fire you can't use the elevator and yet the old people can't use the stairs. How then are we supposed to get them to safety??

Anyway, to the OP that passenger was an idiot and I hope you push him aside and jump out first just to see the look on his face.
      It's been a long, long, long, long time...

Comment

Quoth chinashirtgirl View Post
        Anyway, to the OP that passenger was an idiot and I hope you push him aside and jump out first just to see the look on his face.
        I hope you don't have to jump personally!

but if you do...
        "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
        Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

It just amazes me what some passengers say to the flight crew! Let's just say that God forbid anything awful happens, I am not risking my life for anyone. I'll open the door, shout my commands and get the hell out!
          No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

What a douchewaffle. Maybe ask him...

"So if it was a charity flight and nobody was paying, who would be last out the plane?"
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I would actually hope the flight staff get off safely, as they can assist any injured passengers etc etc - I'm certain they have training in that, not so?
              The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

iradney beat me to it.

People need to listen to your instructions (good luck, there), leave their stuff behind (ditto), and, as soon as that's done, I would say that having crew on the ground to get people OFF of the slides and to the ground safely would be extremely important, so everyone can get off of the plane faster!
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth AirHostess View Post
                  SC: Well that's your job isn't it? To make sure that your PAYING CUSTOMERS get off the plane alive before you?
                  Guy's a twit and a dumbass for sure, but it's more a lack of brain power causing this idiocy on his behalf, not maliciousness or high-and-mightyness. After all, it's drilled in to us that the air crew is there for our safety. He probably just concluded that meant getting everyone off the plane in an emergency. Thus my favourite mantra is proven true again: Never ascribe to malice what can adequately be explained by ignorance.
                  Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth AirHostess View Post
                    It just amazes me what some passengers say to the flight crew! Let's just say that God forbid anything awful happens, I am not risking my life for anyone. I'll open the door, shout my commands and get the hell out!
                    If you really want to yank their chain, tell them their safety belts are actually designed to give the crew a head start to the emergency exits.

Comment

Working...
                    X