This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Snort! Snort!"

For those that work on the telephones, do you ever get a customer that makes you want to get up and puke in the middle of the call? I had one of those just today. I work in internet support and everyday, we deal with people who have issues connecting to the internet, or those who have e-mail issues. This woman called in, very nice and all, stating she could not connect (snort! snort!). It took five times of telling her how to access her internet connection. Why? Because of snort! snort! the whole time. As I was speaking to her and telling her how to set it up, she would snort over my answers. And, upon looking at this woman's history, other reps asked her to call back when she had a better connection on her phone. They either didn't want to listen to her snorting anymore, or the woman was actually convinced her phone was the issue!

Thankfully, I have much more patience for these type of people. Yes, I was getting agiated with the constant snort! snort! she was doing on the call, but I still felt good about giving good customer service when she (finally) got her connection made.

Now, if you all will excuse me, after that call, I have to go

I'm assuming by 'snort' you mean nasal congestion...?
    I'll join you in that hurl.

I recall having to deal with customers on the phone while they were eating. One lady called to find out about her lay-away, and the whole time she was chomping and SLURPING on an apple (or maybe a pear).
    That one made the tummy turn, I can tell ya.
    ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

Oh man. I chomp and munch on the phone occasionally. I usually joke with the other person about it...but I will definitely be mindful of this more often.
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

I don't spend too much time on the phone in my job, but I do remember a guy that made this ungodly...wet sound throughout the call. It was so gross! Finally, it was decided that I couldn't fix whatever was wrong with his phone over the phone (mainly because the old fool couldn't understand what I was telling him to do), so I told him to just bring in the phone to the store. He did so. I was horrified to discover that the awful noise was him popping his dentures out and waggling them around with his tongue. :hurl:
        Dips: The best karma happens when you let a jerk bash themselves senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

Comment

I get that on the phone sometimes too. People who talk without wearing their teeth, and then get pissed when I have a hard time understanding them. It's even worse when they do that while eating.
          "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

Ugh, that grosses me out too. Around cold season, people will walk around the store making that horrible "snorting" noise, for goodness sakes, do us all a favor and blow your nose! Whenever I hear that noise, I just want to vomit as well . . .
            This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

oh my gosh, i know exactly what you mean - wintertime in a call centre is major suckage, because at least half the people who call you are sick, and therefore constantly hocking rivers of snot back. it's not nice trying to help someone setup their phone and you hear "sneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerk!" every 5 seconds!
              The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Why WOULDN'T you blow your nose? If you snort it, it just gets into your lungs and then you have to deal with coughing it all back up...I'd rather it came out my nose and into the tissue than...the other way.
                "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

My least favorite sound to hear on the phone:

Ploop....ploop.......FFFFFLLLLLUUUUUUUSHHHHH!!!!!! !!

Comment

'I chomp and munch on the phone occasionally.'

Honestly, friendofjimmyk, it was the slurping that got to me.
                    Munching I can handle, crunching is fine, but slurping?
                    Oh, HELL no.

Okay, I gotta stop thinking about it because EWW.
                    ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

I hate that too.

One time I answered an outside call and the person on the other end was chomping, smacking and swallowing something while I was trying to talk to them.

It gets really distracting when you're trying to explain things to the person and all you can seem to concentrate on is chomping, smacking and swallowing.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

When I was in the military, I worked in lodging. I was on the phone all the time as you can imagine. The sound of urination =

Comment

Working...
                        X