This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Oh then I don't want it."

This of course is another Subway rant, but a quickie at least so you can read it on your lunch break even!

Now usually, people come into Subway and change their mind that they don't want something. This isn't something like "Never mind", this is something like "You don't have ketchup in a bottle and I have to put it on myself? Oh then I don't want it." Then they leave. 90% of the time, we have to waste the sandwich because they were at the point of no return (Which is usually when it's toasted or wrapped). Also at least 50% of the time, it's a customer who KNEW his item wasn't $5 and yet still wanted it for $5.
    Kangaroo Squee!

This is slightly similar, in the " "oh then I don't want it" just not as wasteful, just annoying.

We have customers who will buy hundreds of dollars of clothing, and then as they are leaving, overhear another customer talk about how they were at one of our other stores...so the customer will come back, and say, "why didn't you tell me you had a store on **** st.? (Because you never asked?) Anyway, they will then make me return all the items, (which we have to do one item at a time/by sku) and then they decide to go to one of the other stores and shop there...which btw, we all carry different merchandise. Some core pieces (pants/skirts) but colors, some styles completely different. So I have now lost a $300 sale, and you are gonna go somewhere you might not find what you want.
    Cruise Ship Brilliance: "Do the elevators go to the front of the ship?"

Comment

Ok, that just baffles me.

They have already made their purchases, and are at that location, but they want to return everything they just paid for to get the same things at a different store?

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        Ok, that just baffles me.

They have already made their purchases, and are at that location, but they want to return everything they just paid for to get the same things at a different store?

^-.-^

Yeah, because doesn't that make sense? lol Drive 40 mins out of the way buy stuff, and then return it because I should have known where you live, so you didn't have to drive all the way out here...and you would rather buy stuff closer to home.
        Cruise Ship Brilliance: "Do the elevators go to the front of the ship?"

Comment

Actually, you know what that makes me think?

I think they're planning to return most of it, anyway, and don't want to have to go as far to turn it back in.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            Ok, that just baffles me. They have already made their purchases, and are at that location, but they want to return everything they just paid for to get the same things at a different store? ^-.-^
            Because it's not about the clothes. It's about shopping addiction. It creates another opportunity for a fix.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
            X