Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ain't No Cure For The Summer Time Blues..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ain't No Cure For The Summer Time Blues..

And I'm starting to get those blues and I can't drink them away..

Most irritating thing I hear every single monkey-nekkid night!

Me: Spewing out company spiel and stating name
    SC: Yes, are you a machine/computer/robot?

I used to always say "No sir/ma'am, I'm a live person" but lately I've been snapping "Do I sound like a computer/machine/robot?" in not the friendliest voice.

Someone, I need a snappy/smart assed answer that won't get me in trouble with corporate.

Ears to fingers disconnect

One of our competitors ran a roses and free bottle of wine special for 30 bucks plus shipping on the radio. We never advertise on the radio and we don't offer that special, which is substandard short stemmed roses that are seconds and a bottle of wine not much better than Boones Farm. You'd be better off stopping at Wal Mart to get wine and roses than buying this chumps setup.

So all day I get -

SC: Yes, I want to order your rose and wine special I just heard advertised on the radio.
    Me: Ma'am/Sir that was not our ad, that was a competitors ad.
    SC: But... but.. but......... I called this number and it was the number on the ad!
    Me: We never advertise on the radio. You must have taken down the number wrong.
    SC: No I didn't! This is bait and switch! YOU WILL SELL ME WHAT YOU ADVERTISE!!!! Eleventtttttttyy111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Me: (speaking in a very stern school marmish voice now) Ma'am, That. Was. A. Competitors Ad. You have misdialed. We do not offer wine because none of our florist have liquor licenses. That is not our ad.
    SC: Well, I demand you price match their ad!!
    Me: Madam, I cannot price match because, as I just explained, none of our florists have the proper licensure to sell or deliver wine and the flowers in the ad are seconds or substandards, which we do not carry. I bid you a good day.

Usually by this time they are screaming and carrying on about calling consumer advocates and the BBB, refusing to consider that they lied to me, didn't write the phone number down from the radio, just opened the yellow pages and called the first large floral company listed.

Yeah, and Jack Bauer is looking through our main office for a bomb too..

Since school has let out I've been deluged on the 3-11 shift with kids making crank calls. Mostly I know without seconds by the giggling and I just hang up. But last night's was creative even if I knew as soon as the caller started speaking..

Me: spilling out company spiel followed by name.
    SC: I am a cop...
    Me: Yes?
    SC: I am calling to investigate a murder
    Me: I don't think so. I'm disconnecting now Sipowitz.

Is it the heat or the stupidity?

This week I've been forced to endure the most mushy stupid stomach turning card messages to go with the flowers. I can't decide if I should sprinkle Saltpeter on the phone or Lysol after these calls. Travesties listed below.

My hot sexy chocolate fudge packing chica
    I love you like a fat man loves cake
    You are my soul mate through all time and eternity. Please forgive me for sleeping with your sister.
    From your hot passionate Big Red One.
    Your toes taste like chocolate covered macadamia nuts, I can't wait to taste the rest of you.
    The way you dance on the stage before me lets me know you really do love me. Please let me get to know you!

I'm losing my gag reflex listening to this drivel.
    "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Someone, I need a snappy/smart assed answer that won't get me in trouble with corporate.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't understand that question. Could you repeat it again?"

Comment

Are you a person or machine?
      yes (In boolean algebra, an or statement is always true if one of the conditions are true... )

Comment

"no, but I could let you speak to a computer/machine/robot if that would make you feel more comfortable"
        "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
        Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

"Only on the Weekends sir/ma'am" Let them puzzle it out.
          "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
          -Red

Comment

"Sir or Madame, this unit is not a robot. Sir or Madame, this unit is a living human."
            Lack of freedom can be measured directly by lack of stupid. --Penn Jillette

Comment

Quoth calulu View Post

Is it the heat or the stupidity?

This week I've been forced to endure the most mushy stupid stomach turning card messages to go with the flowers. I can't decide if I should sprinkle Saltpeter on the phone or Lysol after these calls. Travesties listed below.

My hot sexy chocolate fudge packing chica
              I love you like a fat man loves cake
              You are my soul mate through all time and eternity. Please forgive me for sleeping with your sister.
              From your hot passionate Big Red One.
              Your toes taste like chocolate covered macadamia nuts, I can't wait to taste the rest of you.
              The way you dance on the stage before me lets me know you really do love me. Please let me get to know you!
              OMG! You've received a call from Spoonie Luv from Up Above!
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

"SC: Yes, are you a machine/computer/robot?

I used to always say "No sir/ma'am, I'm a live person" but lately I've been snapping "Do I sound like a computer/machine/robot?" in not the friendliest voice.

Someone, I need a snappy/smart assed answer that won't get me in trouble with corporate."

Only on my Father's side. My Mother was Lithuanian.

"My hot sexy chocolate fudge packing chica..."

ChicA?
                "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth calulu View Post
                  Travesties listed below.
                  Does it say something about me that I read this "transvestites"? It's only a few more letters...
                  "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                  -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth calulu View Post

"If you'd like, I can take a Turing test for you."

Let them puzzle that one out.
                    Quoth calulu View Post
                    Oh, goody. This one's sending flowers to his favorite stripper.
                    Quoth Ghel View Post
                    Does it say something about me that I read this "transvestites"? It's only a few more letters...
                    You're not alone.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Use your best automated recording voice....

"Press ONE to be connected to a LIVE operator"
                      Listen for the beep as they press ONE...

Then repeat your spiel in your normal voice.

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
                        I did too! But I always read stuff wrong--too many head injuries.
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth calulu View Post
                          Most irritating thing I hear every single monkey-nekkid night!

HUMAN HAS UNCOVERED OUR PRESENCE HERE. TERMINATE! TERMINATE!
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth calulu View Post

"Yes, actually. My name is Lal, I'm from the 23rd Century, and I am here to understand human emotions. Do flowers make you happy? Do flowers make your S.O a happier person?"
                            "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
                            ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
                              I read it the same way. That might make you nervous.
                              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                              HR believes the first person in the door
                              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                              Document everything
                              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
                              X