This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Sofar View Post
    Annoying, though. I got pulled over once, and the nice policeman told me that my rear liscense plate was missing.
    "Sod the plate. Where's my caravan?"

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth KuzcoLlama View Post
      They must have not done studies in my city. Here, yellow means "step on the gas." Well, red does too. :: shrug:: I just move out of their way.
      And I have to agree with Protege. I can't see how that would be the light's fault. The "hidden" factor that I'm sure they left out of their studies was how closely the person behind was following. If you're far enough away, then you can stop for even a person slamming on their brakes.
      Around here, police cameras (ones with tickets involved, at least) would probably lead to a sudden increase in paintball sales.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
        "Sod the plate. Where's my caravan?"

Rapscallion
        Clarkson got it with a rocket launcher?
        ludo ergo sum

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
          Around here, police cameras (ones with tickets involved, at least) would probably lead to a sudden increase in paintball sales.
          lol... we once had a guy shoot one out. He went through it with his truck, must have saw a flash or sped through or something and came back with a gun. He was charged $10,000 or $15,000 to fix it.

The kicker? He couldn't have gotten a ticket because his truck had Alberta plates!
          free from the evil clutches of crappy tire

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
            The last two accidents I was involved in were caused by elderly drivers. I didn't hit them, but, in avoiding one driver who swerved over then slammed on her brakes because she missed her offramp, I hit someone else, and the other one was caused by a driver who froze up and stopped when her lane ended due to construction, and I was rear-ended by a guy who wasn't paying attention.
            I had some idiot do that last week on the parkway. This dumbass was in the middle lane, and decided they wanted into the right lane to exit onto Second Avenue, right by the prison, aka the "Allegheny Country Club" for those of you familiar with Pittsburgh. Rather than simply going to the next exit (Grant St.) he slammed on the brakes. Imagine my surprise when, along with most people doing 55mph or more, we suddenly had to swerve to avoid an accident. I nearly spun my car out trying to simultaneously slam on the brakes, jump into the right lane, and avoid hitting the wall. I missed the guy and so did the car behind me. However, I think the third car hit him

It's not just the parkway though--I've seen people do that on *many* roads around here. Rather than go to the next exit, they'd rather risk causing a huge accident simply because they think time is more important
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
            X