Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Come rain or shine...(and the return of Death)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come rain or shine...(and the return of Death)

...the SC's will always be there!

The weather in my part of the UK was AWFUL today. Probably the worst weather I have seen all year. It was like a hurricane, the rain was falling sideways, the wind was very strong and violent, you would have to be insane to go out in that kind of weather...surely!

Oh wait, these are customers we are talking about. The most insane ones are bound to be out!

I don't care if you are drowning out there, you are NOT coming in!

The shift didn't start out well. It was two hours before we opened, and I went to let one of our poor cleaners in. She looked like a drowned rat and her umbrella had blown inside out. As I opened the door to let her in, one of our regular alcoholics appeared from no where (they must have a chip in their brains that detects when I open the doors.

SC: Oh thank God you're open!
    Me: Sorry, not for another two hours.
    SC: But have you seen this weather! You can't expect people to stand outside in this!
    Me: Perhaps you should have managed your time better and got here later.
    SC:

I closed the door. It was a struggle doing that because the wind was so strong.

Close the damn door!!

I could only open one door. The wind was that bad that the other three had to stay closed and locked because they kept blowing open with such force that I thought the glass in them was going to break. For some reason, just about every customer who entered the pub failed to close the door behind them! The door was not blowing back open, I watched and made sure of that. All day long I had to deal with complaints because some idiot left it open and the rain and cold was getting in.

I admire your determination to get alcohol

A customer walked up to the bar. He was so soaked he left a massive trail of water behind him that I had to mop up. He wasn't sucky, but it highlighted how far people were willing to go to get a pint.

C: Do you know I had to turn back THREE times trying to get back here! Everywhere is flooded!
    Me: Wow. I would have given up and gone home.
    C: No, I want a beer.

That is not why your kid is cranky

I really did not expect anyone to be stupid enough to take their children out in this weather. A family of three walk in for lunch, and they are so wet that their kid, who was probably only about two, coughed up water.

The kid was understandably upset about this and proceeded to scream the place down like I have never heard a child scream before. A co-worker jokingly (but was really being serious) said to the mother:

CW: Sounds like someone wants to go home. Ha ha.
    SC: No she doesn't. She's whining because she's hungry.

Yeah, nothing to do with the fact she is catching pneumonia.

Seriously, stay inside!!

To the elderly customers

I know you guys have your routines, but seriously, if you are so old and weak that you injure yourself with your own umbrella trying to control it in this weather, and then require assistance opening the pub door, maybe you should have stayed inside.

Death hates the rain

He is officially my favourite SC. There he was, completely soaked through and looking more goulish than ever. I poured him his usual pint of cider.

Death: And I get a discount right?
    Me: Why?
    Death: Because I had to go out in that weather to get here.
    Me:
    Death: I'm not joking.
    Me: That's why I'm laughing.

I walked away.
    Last edited by customersruinmylife; 07-17-2009, 07:49 PM.

Hey, did Death not smell bad this time?

Insta-shower.
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post

Insta-shower.
      Courtesy of Mother Nature!
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post

Insta-shower.
        Death doesn't actually smell. It was a different SC that smelled, we called him Stinky and he is now banned.

Comment

I thought Death smelled, too. Not epicly bad, but enough to be irritating to the nasal passages.

Bah, I can't keep your regular SCs in order! There's too many of them. T-T
          "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Nah, all my threads about Death have "Death" in the title.

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=50397
            http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=49917

These two threads are about Stinky.

Comment

Ya caught me; I'm a scatterbrain. :P

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                C: Do you know I had to turn back THREE times trying to get back here! Everywhere is flooded!
                Me: Wow. I would have given up and gone home.
                C: No, I want a beer.
                Then I suggest keeping some at home just for these occasions. Dink.
                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                X