This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When placing a call-in order....

...It's a VERY good idea to know how to get to the Subway you are calling to! Perhaps it is just me and my silly old logic again but I know that if I was placing a call-in order for something I'd know damn sure how to get to the location it's at.

This story has some holes that I'm still baffled with, however.

Earlier today while at work, the phone starts ringing right in the beginning stages of a rush of customers. At that time it was just me and one other co-worker because the manager had to leave for a while and then come back later on to cover someone else's shift. I had a quick opportunity to go to the phone so I went over to answer it.

The lady on the other end says she wants to place an order for 5 footlongs to be finished in 20 minutes. I told her that we were just getting a huge rush of customers and that I doubted we would be able to have her order complete by 20 minutes (since it was just me and my co-worker I think that the customers already in the store should be placed in higher priority) but if she wanted I could still take the order.

She said that she'd call back in about 10 minutes in hopes that our rush would be over and then place her order. That was the extent of the phone convo. Nothing was ever asked or said about giving directions to the store.

Our rush got bigger and bigger and she ended up trying to call the store about twice but neither me nor my co-worker had time to answer the phone. On the 3rd call attempt, the rush was at the end and my co-worker was at the register (next to the phone) so I told her to go ahead and answer it.

It was the lady who wanted the 5 sandwich call-in order.

I was still working on the last customer but I saw that my co-worker was taking her order and writing down all of the sandwiches she wanted. I was somewhat paying attention to the convo and not once did I hear my co-worker give directions to the lady on the phone how to get to our store.

Co-worker makes the 5 sandwich order as I'm dealing with more walk-in customers. The order gets finished up and she puts them all off to the side and waits for the person to come pick them up.

About 25 minutes later the phone rings again. Co-worker answered but I couldn't hear what was being said because I was around the corner in the back and she was up front.

I went to the back area to do some dishes and then my co-worker comes back to tell me something that just blew my mind.

She told me that the person who called was the lady who made the call-in order, but because "we gave her bad directions" on how to get to our store that she's not coming to pick the sandwiches up! (Also something about her ending up at the wrong Subway).

WTF!

Co-worker assumed that maybe I tried to give her directions on how to get to our Subway and I told her "Not one single time was there anything said about her needing directions or me giving out directions! All I told her when she called the first time was that we just got a rush and that we wouldn't be able to get the sandwiches made in 20 minutes."

We were both confused and I was both confused and pissed off that we ended up wasting 5 sandwiches. Neither one of us gave out directions to her for anything like she claimed!

Next time I see the manager I'm proposing that anyone who calls in for sandwiches HAS to VERIFY that they are calling to the correct Subway and or that they know how to get here. I'm sick and tired of this shit.
    My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
    My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

I get that sometimes. We have 4 stores, including mine within a 10 mile radius. They place a order and one store and show up at another random store. This is followed by calls to all the other stores to find the stupid order, which is our fault.

Comment

Were the sandwiches at least good so you and co-worker could enjoy them? We had two Subways in my hometown, one downtown and one in Wal-Mart. Everytime I called in an order for lunch, it was always to the downtown Subway, and they always answered the phone, "Thank you for calling the <town> downtown Subway, located on <street name>, how can I help you?" Still, I bet if you did that when this woman called, she would claim that those are the "bad directions" you gave her.

Comment

Quoth MaggieTheCat View Post
        Were the sandwiches at least good so you and co-worker could enjoy them?
        I really don't like Subway food, at all. I would only eat it if I was stranded on an island and that was my only choice for survival. My co-worker probably would have loved to take them, though. As soon as the manager returned it was time for me to clock off so I don't know what happened. But I told co-worker to make sure Manager knew what happened.

I'm actually really afraid of the phone and like to keep my responses as short as possible, (a phobia of some sorts) and most of the time if the phone goes off I will "make myself busy" so someone else answers it. But I'm going to talk to the manager next time I see her about getting a system set up where they have to verify they are really calling the right place.
        My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
        My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

Working...
        X