Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"This milkshake tastes like milk!" (long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "This milkshake tastes like milk!" (long)

Five minutes before closing, some woman comes through the drive and orders a chocolate shake. Co-worker makes it and hands it to the woman. She takes a sip and hands it back to co-worker.

Lady: "This doesn't taste like a milkshake."
    CW: "Um...ok. I can make you a new one if you want."
    Lady: "Yes, please."

Co worker remakes the milkshake. This time, she adds a little more chocolate to the soft serve. I should mention that we don't have a machine that spews out ice cream in milkshake form. We have softserve ice cream. We just add a little milk to it, then use a shake mixer to mix it.

CW: "Here you go, sorry about that."
    Lady: *takes sip* "This milkshake tastes like milk."
    CW: "Well...we add a little milk to it so we can mix it better."
    Lady: "Can you make another one without using milk?"
    CW: "That's really the only way we have to make shakes."
    Lady: "Can I speak to a manager?"

Co-worker grabs me from my till balancing.

Me: "Can I help you?"
    Lady: "Yeah, that girl has made me two milkshakes. The first one didn't taste like a milkshake (again, ) and the other one tastes like milk."
    Me: "Well, I'm not too sure what to say about the first shake she made, about the second, it's normal to taste a little milk. That's how we make the shakes."
    Lady: "Yeah, I asked her to make a shake without using milk and she said she can't."
    Me: "We...can't. We have to add milk or the softserve we use won't get creamy."
    Lady: "Can't you make one without milk or softserve?"
    Me: "Well...no. We only have softserve ice cream."
    Lady: "It isn't hand dipped?"
    Me: "No, it's soft serve ice cream. It isn't hand dipped, and we can't make a milkshake without using milk. It won't work otherwise."
    Lady: "Can I just have my money back? *sips shake*
    Me: "Can I have that shake back?"
    Lady: "I still want it."
    Me: "Then no."
    Lady: "But it's not how I wanted it."
    Me: "But you say you'll drink it anyway."
    Lady: "I didn't want it this way. I wanted a milkshake."
    Me: "And you got one. Almost 15 minutes ago."
    Lady: "It's not a milkshake. It's softserve ice cream and milk. I wanted a shake from a milkshake machine."
    Me: "And a second ago you were wanting a shake made of hand dipped ice cream and milk."
    Lady: "And now I'm settling for this thing. I just want my money back."
    Me: "I'm sorry, but you've just used up all the patience I've allotted you for the day. We're closed now. Goodbye." *closes drive through window and locks it*

This post may only take a good 5 minutes to read, but believe me, 9:17 when the conversation ended. And she stayed in the drive through, staring in at all of us and knocking on the window at least twice for about 5 minutes after.

Milk? In a milkshake?

Next they'll be putting peanut butter in peanut butter and jelly sandwiches! Potatoes in Potato Salads! Where will it end?

WHERE WILL IT END?!
    Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

Your milkshakes bring all the bitches to the yard.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Part me think that what she wanted was actually a MALT, and not a shake... they do have quite a different flavor to em.

Of course, then again, anyone who likes malts, knows to ask for them specifically.

and yes, I prefer malts....yummy
        <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Quoth guitardude1987 View Post
          Lady: "It isn't hand dipped?"

Maybe I'm getting confused by regional slang, but here in California, "hand dipped" would be talking about a soft-serve cone that was dipped in chocolate sauce. Very popular. But that question makes no sense that way...

Does "hand dipped" mean hand-scooped ice cream where you're from?

Comment

UNBELIEVABLE! Why didn't you make her a milkshake without the milk!!! ITS COMMON SENSE TO DO THAT !!!!!!

http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
            Melody Gardot

Comment

She was going to keep it anyway BUT she still wanted her money back? OK. Can we say SCAMMER? Of course we can...lol.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                Your milkshakes bring all the bitches to the yard.
                You could teach, but you'd have to ... barge?
                3 Basic rules for ordering food.
                - Order from the menu.
                - If you order something that will take some time to cook, then be prepared to wait.
                - Don't talk about Fight Club.

Comment

Can't resist:

I Drink Your Milkshake

Comment

But...but...that's how you're supposed to make them! Perhaps she should go to McDonald's and get a cup of milk solids and artificial flavoring. Sounds more like what she wanted...

When I was in college I worked in my campus's little fast-food-type place (more like short-order cook). We made milkshakes with hand-scooped ice cream and milk (even used chocolate milk for the chocolate shakes). Somehow I always seemed to overestimate my measurements....... A guy I worked with taught me how to make a faux-Orange Julius (vanilla ice cream, a few drops of vanilla extract, sugar, and orange juice instead of milk; I still make them sometimes, but without the added sugar; tastes more like a creamsicle). My senior year we got a little Friendly's ice cream station where we had regular ice cream and Fribble mix (which is unflavored ice milk; they use that with flavored syrup to make the Fribbles). I used to make a chocolate Fribble and with a generous spoonful of marachino cherries/syrup. Good stuff.
                    Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 07-19-2009, 04:33 PM.
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

It tastes like milk?

But...but..it's made with milk right down to the ice cream...!
                      *brain fizzles*

WHY do people do this?
                      I agree with that scammer thing. She wanted a free shake.
                      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                      -----
                      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

My very first real job when I was 16 was at a Friendly's, which is a major ice cream shop/restaurant chain in the Northeast U.S. And anyone who wants a milkshake that doesn't have milk in it is either:

1. expecting a McDonald's type milkshake from a milkshake machine,
                        2. completely uninformed as to what a milkshake is,
                        3. a scammer,
                        4. a fucking idiot.

Or some combination of the above.

Me, I vote for #4.

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                        My senior year we got a little Friendly's ice cream station where we had regular ice cream and Fribble mix...
                        There is almost nothing greater than a Fribble. One of the few things I have ever missed from living in the Northeast. Mmmm....Fribbles......(insert drooling smiley here)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

Probably wanted one of those "Non-Dairy Frozen Deserts."

I was spoiled growing up. A local dairy, Oberwise, Aurora, IL. made fresh ice cream. Real ice CREAM. You know it is good when it was in a cow yesterday.

When I was in NJ, Hoffmans!

I guess I will have to settle for Steak & Shake now. And it is just about dinner time. Yum!
                          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                          Save the Ales!
                          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            There is almost nothing greater than a Fribble. One of the few things I have ever missed from living in the Northeast. Mmmm....Fribbles......(insert drooling smiley here)
                            Hehe...even better when you can make 'em yourself to your exact specifications! (Hence, my chocolate-cherry concoction.)We only had a small freezer; it held 4 of those big round tubs of ice cream (5 gallons, I guess?). We had chocolate, vanilla, Fribble mix, and a rotating 4th flavor (supposedly; usually it was mint-chip - we didn't go through enough to actually rotate it very often).
                            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I wonder if she's related to the guy I had that complained his cappucino tasted like coffee.

Comment

Working...
                              X