This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irate hotel guest

My side of the conversation (Not quite verbatim, but close, and more entertaining this way)

<Phone rings>

Front desk, Infinitemonkies speaking.

Yes, I am aware of <Guest.>

Yes, he is noisy.

Yes, he is loud, rude and drunk.

Yes, I am very aware that he keeps leaving the room every 10 minutes, letting the door close loudly, then knocking even louder to get back in because he never thinks to take his key with him.

Yes, I am aware its almost 5am.

Yes, I am aware you have to get up early.

Why yes, I have been thinking about evicting him,

However;

Since you're sharing his room that is in his name, that he paid for, if I kick him out, you go too.

<dial tone.>
    Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

You owe me a new keyboard.

Seriously.

"So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I must asmit I enjoy reading your topics. This one was especially brilliant with the twist ending.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Infinitemonkies, I bow to an intellect far greater than my own
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
          You owe me a new keyboard.

Seriously.

You can have your pick: black, white, beige, blue, all with enhanced internet buttons and media player controls, also available in wireless and/or ergonomic.

Seriously, I have this presumable unhealthy fascination with enhanced keyboards. Pretty much every year I upgrade to one with more options, and I've got a dozen or so in my closet I don't use anymore.

My current favorite is a wireless non-ergonomic with media and internet controls, and entire second row of programmable F-keys, independant clock/alarm/calendar/calculator and voip (which I don't have) auto-dialer.

Hell, a few years ago, I almost bought an X-box and Steel Battalion just for this controller.

I think I need help
          Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

I love the ending!

Comment

Quoth infinitemonkies View Post
              . Pretty much every year I upgrade to one with more options, and I've got a dozen or so in my closet I don't use anymore.
              I have this one

got it for the touchpad
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Anyone with an IQ above that of a gerbil knows that the One True Keyboard is the IBM Model M.

For the uninitiated, the IBM Model M weighs several pounds, has a steel plate inside for reinforcement (previous models had a steel case too), and has keys that make the most obnoxious *click* when pressed. When you press a key, you know it.

Not only do they *not* wear out, they double as a personal defense weapon! Which will still function as a keyboard after the SC's cranium has been creased!

Down with the plasticky toys masquerading as keyboards! Death to windows-specific keys! Long live the Model M!

SirWired

Comment

I worked with an IBM keyboard with the steel case, that was not a Model M; it was for an old computer from either the late 60s or early 70s. It was loud, completely unergonomic, and the keys made about 10% sense. It had red keys, and blue keys, and black keys. Completely insane. It was probably based on keypunch keyboards.
                  Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                  HR believes the first person in the door
                  Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                  Document everything
                  CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth infinitemonkies View Post
                    I've got a dozen or so in my closet I don't use anymore.

I think I need help
                    I'm here for you-
                    I have collected about 15,000 computer keyboard keys to create an art car:
                    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object...512KTDB.DTL&o=

The letters will spell out quotes about technology and the numbers will be on the trunk as Pi to as many places as will fit.
                    I need about 7,000 more to do the car (which I don't own but am certain I can easily find in the SF Bay Area)
                    "What did you have for breakfast this morning? Carnation Instant Bitch?"
                    -Eric Foreman That 70's Show

Comment

Working...
                    X