This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCs On A Plane

Many a tale has been told by AirHostess here I've read all of hers and I hope I'm not repeating her here but here goes...

I'm Dyyyyying!

A bit of an explanation: a 767 is a wide-body aircraft with 2 aisles. At my airline, they were configured in such a way that the pax didn't have air vents over their heads - temperature was controlled by the cockpit crew as we requested.

Dinner and drinks are being served via 2 meal carts and 2 drinks carts operated equally by 3 flight attendants in each aisle. I was on the opposite aisle when I overheard a woman tell my CW that she was "burning up" and she needed to do something. After my CW and the other 2 flight attendants told her that it would be a few minutes, the pax decided to stand up and yell across the aircraft at me and my CWs: "I'm DYYYYYING in here! Fix the temperature now!"

Hmmm... everyone else seems to want dinner and I don't hear them complaining about the temperature. We left her to our 3 CWs on her side of the plane. We did request a temperature adjustment in less than 5 minutes from when she asked. We also had to get our lead flight attendant to explain how temperature control worked on the plane just so she'd stop yelling.

The Dreaded "But THEY Did It For Me!"

Same flight as above, flying New York - Rome. I'm serving drinks in economy class and an older Italian man asks for a red wine. Being in economy, we served wine in small splits and charged $6.00 for it. Yes, it's highway robbery, but it is what it is (this was also before the liquids ban so he could very well have brought his own).

Me:
    BIG: Big Italian Guy

Me: *Handing BIG the split of red wine and a cup* Here you are, sir. That will be 6 dollars or 4 Euro please.

What I expected to hear from BIG: Oh, I didn't realize there was a charge. I'm sorry, I don't want that. I'll have XXX instead.

What I heard from BIG: This is absurd! Alitalia (the national carrier of Italy) has free wine. I want it for free! I will not pay for it! *All I heard after this was ALITALIA! grumble grumble... ALITALIA! grumble grumble...*

I'm just glad he didn't have the wine in his hands. I probably wouldn't have gotten it back. He didn't want anything else to eat or drink the entire flight and sulked the whole way there.

Wish I could've asked him why he didn't fly his precious Alitalia - they fly to Rome from the same airport we do.

Quoth chapookie View Post

Wish I could've asked him why he didn't fly his precious Alitalia - they fly to Rome from the same airport we do.
    I'm guessing it had something to do with saving a bit more than the 6 bucks he was bitching about.
    I will never go to school!

Comment

I figured just as much but wouldn't you just like to ask to see how dumbfounded they get?

Comment

Argh I hate passengers. I had one really friendly one today who I loved. Almost everyone else was just plain rude and miserable.
        No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

You know, AirHostess, I used to love serving Brits because the majority on New York - UK routes (with the odd exception of Bristol) were very polite. I will say that the worst pax I ever had were British businessmen in first class, though. Compared to flying domestic within the US, overseas was a dream (obviously not good enough to keep me in that job ). I'm guessing that flying within Europe might be just as bad as domestic US if not worse... *shudder*

Comment

Quoth chapookie View Post
            You know, AirHostess, I used to love serving Brits because the majority on New York - UK routes (with the odd exception of Bristol) were very polite. I will say that the worst pax I ever had were British businessmen in first class, though. Compared to flying domestic within the US, overseas was a dream (obviously not good enough to keep me in that job ). I'm guessing that flying within Europe might be just as bad as domestic US if not worse... *shudder*
            Every flight is equally bad.

Comment

wow.
              like yes the food/drinks on flights is overpriced cuz, well the airlines know u quite literally CANT go anywhere else lol.

but it doens't make it YOUR (attendants) fault its' not like u guys are like 'yea this wine REALLY is only $3 but im gonna charge double and POCKET the rest!" (insert evil laugh here).
              Common sense... So rare it's a goddamn superpower.

Comment

Alitalia does NOT serve free wine. I don't know what he's smoking.

You can have juice or water.
                "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

"I'm getting tired of these Motherfing SCs on this motherfplane!"

*ducks flying objects*
                  "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post

*ducks flying objects*
                    I should've said there were cookies for the title reference Nice.

Comment

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post

*ducks flying objects*
                      It was only a matter of time before this was posted. And no pun intended when you mention the flying objects?
                      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I think I'm going to write a book about my time as a 'glamorous stewardess.'

I have so many stories!

Comment

Working...
                        X