This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go me!

I was working in the garden center the other day. A man comes out with a cart full of cleaning items, some other items, and a couple boxes of some craftsman stuff.
    Didn't bother me since I was bored anyway.

The total came out to be $303 and some change. He was going to use a sears card so I asked to see it. It was signed and everything, so I handed it back. The card was declined so he tried another card. Once again I asked to see the card.

The card was signed, but...it was a different name than the other card. And both were guy names, and they had different last names, and slightly different style on the signatures. Hmm....

While I still had the card in my hand I asked to see his ID, and on the computer(he slid the card before I asked to see it) it said to call a supervisor(which isn't all THAT weird because that just happens every once and a while)

Guess what he didn't have with him? His ID!

He was with some woman(wife? No idea) who I only saw at the end of the transaction after I asked for his ID.

So I told him I couldn't complete it without his ID, and he said he was going to go to the bank to "get some money," and he of course never came back.

I had a manager void the order and all was well. I just wish I could do more about it if the guy is using stolen cards.
Working...
X