• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Economy Whiners at Subway

Me =
    EW = Economy whiners

Me: That'll be $8.55.
    EW: WHAT?! That's supposed to be $5!
    Me: Sorry, the $5 footlong has been off for months now.
    EW: But we're in a recession.
    Me: Sorry, our prices are final.
    EW: Then I don't want it. *leaves*
    Me: ...and they had created the most voliatle of subs with literally 6 kinds of sauce...

Me: Your total comes to $6.40.
    EW: *Hands me a $5*
    Me: You're short $1.40.
    EW: But I'm only paying $5.
    Me: You still owe me $1.40.
    EW: We're in a recession. I'm only paying $5.
    Me: Then you're not getting a sandwich.
    EW: Too bad. *leaves*
    Me:

EW: *uses a coupon to get a sub for $3.*
    Me: Alright, your total comes to $3.54
    EW: How about another 20% off?
    Me: Sorry I can't do that - you already have one discount.
    EW: But we're in a recession - it's too expensive as is!
    Me: I'm sorry but I can't give random discounts, you're already using a coupon so it's a good enough deal.
    EW: Fine fine fine...*actually coughs up the money unlike 90% of the people who do this...*

EW: Which ones are your $5 footlongs?
    Me: Everyone right here. *Points to the sign* [I do this because people read faster than I speak, and several CWs do it so *Shrugs*]
    EW: Huh...Is the melt on that?
    Me: Unfortunately no.
    EW: But I want the melt for $5.
    Me: I'm sorry, it's not my fault the price has been increased [which it has, actually.]
    EW: Awww....well can I just get Turkey ham?
    Me: Sorry that's not on there either. (I wonder if he even read the sign...)
    EW: Awwww well just ham?
    Me: Yes, that's a $5 footlong.
    EW: Stupdi recession...
    Kangaroo Squee!

Little do the SC's know, it is possible to get a non-$5 footlong for that price. However, to get that, they need to stop being SC's.

The other day I stopped at my favorite Subway on my way home from seeing Half Blood Prince. I got my new usual, a chicken bacon club. I'm a regular, but it takes more than being a regular to get the hookups. I'm a polite regular, even when I come in during a rush, I'm always polite to the staff. Because of my solid reputation, I usually get discounts if a manager is ringing me up. That Friday I got my premium sandwich for $5!

My motto: Try and be the customer you would like to have.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I used to go to subway almost everyday, occasionally two times a day.

Then I went away for about 2 weeks, and when I returned, the employees started giving me 10% discounts

No idea why.

But yeah, I'm always friendly to them, and when they had a new employee who rung me up he forgot to add the water so I pointed it out to them.

Comment

The person at Taco Johns actually has seen hs come by so many times he gave us a 10% discount.
        Kangaroo Squee!

Comment

For some reason, people build up a lot of nerve when they enter retail establishments and restaurants.

Comment

I love how these idiots seem to think that the recession is only affecting them and no one else.

Comment

I'm surprised that I haven't had any economy bitching yet. Actually I've had the opposite issue...we had a 20% we used to give teachers but corp. took away that discount and the we were more upset about it than the customers!

I just never understand how people believe that they're entitled to any discount...ever! It's not a right people!!
              Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

You know, if the recession is so damned tough for you, then maybe you ought to just go to the store, buy the ingredients and make your sandwiches yourself and save a whole ton of money.

But nooooo. They're not hurting. They're just cheap bastards.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                  You know, if the recession is so damned tough for you, then maybe you ought to just go to the store, buy the ingredients and make your sandwiches yourself and save a whole ton of money.

But nooooo. They're not hurting. They're just cheap bastards.

^-.-^
                  or even better (no Racket_Man bashing or beating please) just go to Wal-Mart and buy a sammy/sub that is quite a bit larger for about 6 bucks
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I once went to a Subway near the end of the night (I'd just gotten back from a concert) and the staff gave me double cheese for free cuz I was the only customer all day who'd said "please" and "thank you". I was happy for the free cheese, but sorry for the staff.
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

IF someone is complaining that they can't afford a certain price of a certain sub "in this recession" then they shouldn't be out to begin with.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                        IF someone is complaining that they can't afford a certain price of a certain sub "in this recession" then they shouldn't be out to begin with.
                        Come on, you know the drill surely? "If it makes sense, it's not allowed."
                        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Well, if there's a recession going on, then business would most likely be down...which means that the stores would need to protect what profits they can get...NO DISCOUNT FOR YOU!
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

i surprisingly haven't gotten any of these in my store yet. lots of people talking about the economy and asking for coupons, if it's on sale, saying it should be, etc.

but i've NEVER had someone hand me some money and TELL me they're only paying that much for a specific item. That's madness.

Comment

When I lived in Vegas, the Food4Less there regularly sold footlong sandwiches on loaves of fresh french bread (easily twice the food of a Subway sandwich) for $3. I practically LIVED off those for a while. I haven't seen any deals like that for a while (although the F4L close to home sometimes has footlong french bread pizzas for $3, and that's almost the same).

I have no sympathy for anyone who whines about pricing on fast food. It's almost always cheaper to buy ingredients and make the food yourself at home.

Comment

Working...
                              X