Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The day my manager finally cracked down on the stupid customers.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The day my manager finally cracked down on the stupid customers.

For some odd reason, the customers have been extremely sucky and/or rude this year at Subway. We wonder if maybe it's something in the water or the recession, because we've gotten several dudes who've written in complaints that we're overcharging them for a "$5 sub" (when the sub in question happens to be one of the most expensive items on the menu or was never $5 as it was a special sub) or said "In this economy...."

Today, the manager finally got tired of it all - and lemme tell you this, only once have I ever seen her tell someone to get out, and that was because said person had insulted us and cussed up a hurricane of profanities in the process. Maybe it was because she had gotten really sick when dropping her daughter off at Madison and was still recovering, but I'm not willing to accept the "...why are they so dumb/rude?!" finally got to her.

So she literally booted three people at Subway in one day.

The first person was during the attack of the Summer Camp kids. One kid noticed a small trash can which we use for lids and straw wrappers. So guess what he did?

No, he didn't turn it over...he literally unzippedh is fly and proceeded to urinate into the trash can. The counselor couldn't believe her eyes, the manager couldnt' belive her eyes, I couldn't believe a kid was really that screwed up to mistake a garbage can for a urinal, and the manager finally said "GET OUT!" and probably sent the trash can to be disinfected.

Then the second person was someone who couldn't read the coupon. I honesly don't blame how people can misread the coupon because about half of them are occupied by the actual discount or whatever that you get and the "Small print" is maybe size 2 font that not everyone can read without a microscope. Except that this guy was just being rude about it...

SC: "But I have a coupon! it says 'Free Sub!'"
    Manager: "But you have to buy another sub of equal or lesser value and a 32 oz drink."
    SC: "Free sub!"
    Manager: "With another sub and a 32 oz drink."
    SC: "Can't you read the coupon?"
    Manager: "Yes."
    SC: "It says, FREE. SUB."

And he was basically talking like she didn't understand english so she had enough and told him to shove it. (not literally)

Then the third person...I'm surprised that she just booted her from the store instead of letting us boot her ass out of the store. She literally said TO THE MANAGER'S FACE:

"Wow, it's a good thing you gave these retards a place to work".

Beyond any form of reasonable doubt whatsoever, that was the RUDEST and most ignorant thing EVER. First off...every single one of the workers except the manager is a college student. Second of...we could hear her. And yes, everyone, even teh customers jawdropped.
    Kangaroo Squee!

Quoth Digitalpotato View Post
    First off...every single one of the workers except the manager is a college student.
    What a bitch! Clearly got no manners, grace, dignity OR education. Unlike you guys with your degrees :P

Comment

Did someone dump a tanker truck full of Asshole Potion in the water supply? First chocobug's rude git, now this shrew.

One can only hope these idiots will mouth off to the wrong person and get their teeth knocked out for doing so.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Do people even realize that eating at home is cheaper "in this economy"???

I can make an excellent grilled steak dinner with salad and a potato at home for only about $5 where it would cost around $30 at a restaurant with the tip included. And it even tastes just as good to boot!

Comment

At the hotel, we've noticed an increase in sucky/rude guests too. I've been working in hotels for a while and people in general are getting nastier and demanding.

Comment

"Oh, so you're looking for a job yourself then?"

Comment

People are ignorant when it comes to treating others with respect. I could understand if we were still in 17th century England or the like. But, we're not in a caste system anymore.

Comment

To the retard comment:
                Well, if you're looking for a job, I'm sorry but retard is higher on the scale than idiot (or moron).

Comment

For some odd reason, the customers have been extremely sucky and/or rude this year at Subway...
                  Its been the same this year at my big-box store

Comment

Passengers are getting worse too. Most people are just plain rude.
                    No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

No, he didn't turn it over...he literally unzippedh is fly and proceeded to urinate into the trash can. The counselor couldn't believe her eyes, the manager couldnt' belive her eyes, I couldn't believe a kid was really that screwed up to mistake a garbage can for a urinal, and the manager finally said "GET OUT!" and probably sent the trash can to be disinfected.
                      Disinfected? No way, I hope it was thrown out with it sitting on the counter and all. It probably costs $2 anyways to replace.

Comment

Quoth ThreatLevelMidnight
                        "Oh, so you're looking for a job yourself then?"

Thanks a ton, any idea how to get Dr Pepper off a flat screen monitor?
                        "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Megg View Post
                          Thanks a ton, any idea how to get Dr Pepper off a flat screen monitor?
                          Drink water when reading the next funny post.
                          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth AirHostess View Post
                            Passengers are getting worse too. Most people are just plain rude.
                            That's why my stories aren't as interesting - they're from at least 2 years ago. I can't believe how quickly the attitude of customers (anywhere) has gone into the pits. It was bad when I left the airline 18 months ago and I still can't fathom how much worse people have gotten in that short time span, but they have.

People have been mean for awhile now but this is getting out of hand. It needs to start raining Valium so people would just chill the hell out already.

Comment

Quoth Willis View Post
                              Disinfected? No way, I hope it was thrown out with it sitting on the counter and all. It probably costs $2 anyways to replace.
                              Nah it was on the floor.
                              Kangaroo Squee!

Comment

Working...
                              X