This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have a photocopier?

Most of my customers are lovely but this one person had me tearing my hair out.

She has already been onto my shop 6 times this past week with a blank cd where she hadn't put any photos on it, and each time I've given her written instructions on how to put her photos onto the cd to bring them in for printing. 3 times she's managed to make an audio cd with no photos on it.

No we do not print our photos onto plain A4 paper. Only on photo paper. No I can't put normal paper into the machine "just for you this once" because it isn't possible to do at all! No I can't do your photo on my office printer. No I don't have a photocopier.

Yes I am sure. Yes really.

Finally convinced her we could only print on photo paper. No problems. Put the order through - she wanted 7x5 in one hour. Gave her a price and put the order confirmation through. Hang on, she now wants them 6x4. Run out to the back of shop and cancel her order before it gets too far through. Yes I do need your cd again to put the order back through at the size you want. <sigh>

By the way...do you have a photocopier? Are you sure?

Put the order through - 1 hour 6x4. Double check. Put the order through...
    "Actually, I'll have them over 2 days. And with a cd."
    Run out to the back of shop again and cancel the order. Take her cd off her a third time and put it back through. 6x4 prints, 2 days. And a cd. This time she is sure that is right, I confirm the order and give her the price.

Yes I am sure that is the price. Yes really. No, I don't think £9.50 for 150 prints and a cd is expensive. You don't have to leave them if you think you can find it cheaper. No, I don't think the "other girl who works here" said it would cost you 45 pence total.

She finally agrees to leave them with us, after asking one more question.

No, I don't have a photocopier.

"So...that's on normal printer paper and I can get them tomorrow?"
    NO!! On photo paper. And they'll be ready in 2 days.
    "Today is one day, and tomorrow is another day, so I can get them tomorrow."
    So I clarify - they'll be ready in 48 hours. Like the big sign says. That means, no collecting before 2.30pm on Saturday. You can try sooner but they won't be ready (I made sure that they won't be ready )

It's not like I was quiet at work either. I had a queue, I was there by myself, and had a billion and one other things to do as well, plus I now had a pile of paperwork to fill out for each of her cancelled orders. She was there for 45 minutes for something which should have taken 5. Tops. And I reckon I lost about 8 customers who couldn't wait (and I don't blame them)

She left. I thought that was it, but she came back 10 minutes later...

..."Do you have a photocopier? Are you sure?"

GAH!!

Do you have a photocopier? Ya sure?
    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Quoth Phone Jockey View Post
      Do you have a photocopier? Ya sure?
      GAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

*Imagines Linda running out of the building, screaming as if her hair were on fire.*

I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Oh my goodness! I'd have been tearing my hair out too, Linda! Gods! How many times do you have to answer the same question before thick headed SCs get it???

Comment

Well, maybe she thought that she could fool Linda...I'm surprised she didn't try to word the question differently...

"Do you have a photocopier?"

"Do you have a copy machine?"

"Can I make photo copies here?"

"Is there a Xerox machine here?"

"Can I get a photo copy of this?"

"How much do your photocopies cost?"

"How much is it to make photo copies?"

"Is your photo copier working?"

At least she could've tried that - rather than the same question over and over.
          "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

I usually get the photocopier question a couple of times a day (and I have suggested we actually GET one to H.O., but no...). A simple "No sorry" usually works.
            The occasional smart alec will ask me "How do you copy a photo then?"

...It's called a scanner.

Comment

That customer should be in the psychology dictionary illustrating passive-aggressive. I'm sure she's done that routine to all kinds of businesses and people to get them to let her use or obtain items customers would not have access to.
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
              X