This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Oberonsshadow View Post
    I'm guilty of a accidental drive-off, though I did end up paying for the gas. In CA, you pay for your gas, then pump it. If you paid inside, the pump shuts off at the amount you paid. Having grown-up in CA, I just assumed that the system was standard.
    Same here and it's been that way for at least 20 years. I just assumed that every place would switch to prepay when they got new pumps.
    Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
      She kept ranting on about how embarrassing it was to get the letter from the police, and how we should have asked her nicely to come back and pay.
      How is it embarrassing to get a letter? Doesn't embarrassment typically involve some other party observing? What, does she open all of her mail on the front lawn and read it through a megaphone so the entire neighborhood knows what sort of correspondence she gets?

Come on, woman! You screwed up. Whether it was deliberate or not is irrelevant. If you'd get down from your high horse long enough to let the saddle cool off, you'd see that most businesses and police agencies really don't care whether you're embarrassed or not so long as you pay for your stuff and follow the rules.

Ugh. I don't like this woman, and I'm sorry her kids have to grow up thinking that what she does is the right thing to do. The story was entertaining, though.
      I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
      - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
      - IPF

Comment

We had a spate of "drive offs" here in Oz about a year or so ago when petrol hit $1.50/litre. Theives would actually go around stealing number plates to use on the cars so they wouldnt get caught. I'm fairly sure that petrol theft is a chargable offence here. Maybe not jail time, but a hefty fine atleast.
        "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
        "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
        "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
          How is it embarrassing to get a letter? Doesn't embarrassment typically involve some other party observing? What, does she open all of her mail on the front lawn and read it through a megaphone so the entire neighborhood knows what sort of correspondence she gets?
          *snerk* Good thing I wasn't drinking anything at the time I read that, or else rule #1 would have been broken.

I'm sure she saw it as a stage in the class war, what with her being oh yah posh and all. XD The duty manager we called over is new, so we weren't sure whether he was going to be rubber spined or not; luckily not.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
          X