X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Newspaper Delivery

(Archive tale - December 2003)

The interesting customer in question happens to be the manager of another shop. She came in and bought a few items, but then went to the Boss.

"Can you go next door and buy me a paper?" she asked.

She had a public falling-out with him a year or so back, mostly because she hadn't paid her bill for a while. This much we knew.

"Eh?" asked the Boss, as coherent as ever.

"An evening paper from next door," she repeated. "I don't go in there any more, and I can't be bothered going across the road for one."

Does she want us to read it for her as well?

Rapscallion

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
    (Archive tale - December 2003)

"Can you go next door and buy me a paper?" she asked.

Does she want us to read it for her as well?

Rapscallion
    Ummm...no.

Comment

Did she say anything about paying anyone back for the paper, or offering money for said purchase?
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Oddly enough, no. She just didn't feel like going over the road to the other newsagent, despite having had a blow-up with the guy next to us.

Surreal.

Rapscallion

Comment

So, did your boss oblige?

I think I wouldn't have. Teach folks to be nice to others and if not, there are consequences for those actions, such as not being able to get the paper from the side of the street that is closer!
          "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

I think he did, mostly because the woman in question was usually a real hoot and hated customers with more venom than anyone else I've ever met. She ran the local dry cleaner, and she had a customer once come in with a blouse that had large brown underarm stains.

"My tan came off my skin onto the blouse," the customer said. "It's a real tan, though - not from a bottle."

Manager glanced at the slightly streaky effect on the woman's arms and the somewhat desperate attempt she was making to convince everyone around. "Oh."

"This is a real tan! Not from a bottle! It's come off onto my blouse!"

She had good reason to hate her customers.

Rapscallion

Comment

Her tan came off? My head hurts now.
              Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

I've had a washable tan before, but it was because I was riding in a dusty arena when I was pretty sweaty.

I did do a tan out of a bottle for my wedding, but that was because I mowed the yard in a t shirt few days before and got the most amazing farmer tan, which would have looked ab-fab with a strapless dress had to even things up a bit.

Comment

Working...
                X