X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Filty Lucre" or "Customer Foots the Bill"

I dodged a bullet with this one.

SC comes up to the desk and asks the price of a room. I also notice him removing one of his shoe and pulls out some cash.
    Me: That's $89.99 plus tax.

SC accepts and I take down his info. I ask for a CC and his ID
    SC: I don't have a CC. Do you take cash?
    Me: I can take cash, but I'll need a $100 cash deposit which gets returned in the morning.
    SC: Can't you do $50?
    Me: I'm sorry, it's gotta be $100.

SC leaves without getting a room. I was not looking forward touching money that I know came from his shoe.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

I had a mother hand me $25 worth of singles that she said were gifted to her son for his birthday. They'd been clearly rolled up individually into thin little tubes and they literally wouldn't unroll. That was exactly why she was pawning them off on my store and i HATED her for it.

Comment

When I worked at the movie theatre, we would get all the girls dressed up for a nice night on the town coming in. Especially in summer, when they were wearing their halter tops and tank tops.... I had to take way more boob-money than I was comfortable with.

Comment

Eww, now that it's summer, I've already starting getting damp $. I always put it under the till with the larger bills. Why should anyone else have to suffer? Yuck.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth jjllbb View Post
          They'd been clearly rolled up individually into thin little tubes and they literally wouldn't unroll..
          You probably could have told her "No" on the basis that your BANK won't accept them that way.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
          X