Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When a customer demands, the employees ignore..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to wonder what goes through customers' heads.

"I'm hungry. I know I will go to McDonalds drive thru. I can fill my empty stomach quickly.

5 minutes drive later.

"I am at the drive through. I am more hungry but will have my food soon."

"There are a lot of cars. It is taking a long time. I am very, very hungry. But I am just coming to the window.

"Should I order food now and fill my empty stomach or should I complain and make my wait longer still?"
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

First off, I've never heard of "Whataburger" until today. Sounds tasty!

Secondly...If I see I'm waiting long at the drive-thru, I'd park my car and go inside to place my order.
      If you don't like my attitude, talk to the manager!!! Oh, wait, that would be me!!

Yes, I'm the manager. I'm also known as "the brick wall".

Comment

Quoth Camry178 View Post
        First off, I've never heard of "Whataburger" until today. Sounds tasty!
        It's quite good. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataburger

Quoth Hyena Dandy View Post
        1) The Customer is Always Right comes from a high-scale tailor shop, the name of which escapes me because I haven't slept in 48 hours. The sort of people who could afford to get clothes there would easily spend three thousand dollars a pop.
        There was another recent thread which had links or another explanation of this. I wanna say it was along the lines of "My customers give me so much money for my goods/services that I treat them as if they are always right" (I'm paraphrasing)
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

What the guy in the OP doesn't realize is that "fast food" does not mean getting the food fast, it means you have to eat it fast before it becomes inedible. Well, that's what my wife always says.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
            You just HAD to go and mention Whataburger, didn't you!?!?!? Thanks. Now, I will crave that food for DAYS and I have no outlet as there are NO Whataburgers in Nebraska and I am not taking a road trip just for their food...although, I have been tempted.
            The nearest one to me is about 400 miles away, so I know how you feel. All the Whataburgers in FL are in the northern part of the state.
            "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Hyena Dandy View Post
              Two things:

1) The Customer is Always Right comes from a high-scale tailor shop, the name of which escapes me because I haven't slept in 48 hours. The sort of people who could afford to get clothes there would easily spend three thousand dollars a pop. Your ten dollars of burgers are not worth it.

Because you see, if you can afford to pay three thousand dollars for your clothes and you're NOT right, you can also afford to pay to change the rules until you are. Ten dollars is not worth a change in company policy. The most ten dollars should be able to buy is "The customer is always smiled at before being dismissed"

2) From what I see, you haven't said anything for you to be wrong about.

However, you got me on the decency bit. In my defense, I'm wearing pants.
              Not a high end tailor, but a high end department store once known as Marshall Fields (and now absorbed by the Macy's chain).
              "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                mmm, whataburger, that and dick's; even the wait time isnt' that much and well worth it.

sorry, your majesty, but our insta-food beam is down at the moment; is five minutes sufficient? too long? so sorry, here's a coupon for four free meals and a corporate letter of apology for our incompetence, please don't sue us, we're sorry for your wait, inconvienience and disruption of your busy day.
                Dick's Last Resort... ooooh, if they'd tried that crap there, the staff, the managers, and the other customers would have laughed them right out of the restaurant, but not before mocking them savagely.

Now, I will say this about Dick's: If something genuinely does go wrong, they will bend over backwards to make things right.

Comment

The entitlement is pretty strong with this SC. Sure it sucks to wait, but to outright demand compensation for a mere 10 minutes is insane.
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

If I'm in the mood for a damn good burger, and don't mind waiting, I go to 5 Guys. If I'm in the mood for a burger, but am in a hurry, I settle for the BK Lounge.

In any case, I almost never complain about the wait at the drive-through, because I know there's usually a good reason for such a delay. If they tell me to drive up and apologize for the delay, I'm grateful and don't complain.

But then, I have that most uncommon of super powers: Common Sense.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                      You just HAD to go and mention Whataburger, didn't you!?!?!? Thanks. Now, I will crave that food for DAYS and I have no outlet as there are NO Whataburgers in Nebraska and I am not taking a road trip just for their food...although, I have been tempted.
                      We really do need a Whataburger here in Nebraska. Maybe if I ever win Powerball, I can get myself a Whataburger franchise here in Omaha, and maybe one in Lincoln.

I havent had Whataburger since 1998. damn!

Comment

Working...
                      X