X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have ovaries, therefore I cannot help you

This happened to me earlier today. I answer the phone with my usual
    "thank you for calling *manufacturer* data support, this is iradney speaking, how can i help you?"

Right off the bat, the "gentleman" on the other side of the phone tells me "I'm expecting a man to help me with this problem" *jaw? meet floor!*

I ended up helping him, but wow!

Unfortunately, I get this at least once a week *sigh*
    The report button - not just for decoration

I went to a dinner yesterday put on by the local NA activities group...anyway...the resounding theme from the women was "I have a uterus, I cannot help you." Or, upon asking some man for help moving something, "I have a uterus, I can't move that!"

Getting there late, I was not sure how this joke had started, but it was funny.
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

At work, I occasionally say "If you have a penis, you're in the way" because half of the guys in the produce and grocery departments congregate in front of the doorway I need to get through.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

" I'm sorry sir. He is waiting for his nail polish to dry and cannot come to the phone."

Comment

... and I was expecting someone other than a Troglodyte to call me, color us both surprised, sir."
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth amphrite View Post
            " I'm sorry sir. He is waiting for his nail polish to dry and cannot come to the phone."
            more on that...

"sorry sir, you'll have to 'xcuse him while he fixes his weave!" or

"He stepped out because he got a run in his pantyhose."
            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth amphrite View Post
              I would pay $20 to see you say that to someone.
              "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                At work, I occasionally say "If you have a penis, you're in the way"

I said that the other day when I was helping out in the meat room. The guys thought it was hilarious. I'm a general favorite.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Right off the bat, the "gentleman" on the other side of the phone tells me "I'm expecting a man to help me with this problem" *jaw? meet floor!*
                  This is where you put on the most gruff, masculine voice you can muster, and then proceed to give the caller totally incorrect advice.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    This is where you put on the most gruff, masculine voice you can muster, and then proceed to give the caller totally incorrect advice.
                    *giggle* only problem is, my most gruff manly voice sounds like animal from the muppets! convincing? no!
                    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

YAAAY! ANIMALLLLLLLL!

ANIMAL.....GO BYE BYE!
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I would have answered "I'm sorry, we don't, and haven't, served YOUR kind since the 1920s!" and hung up.
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                        X