This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am off duty!

I just love it when I'm travelling to/from work. People ask me all sorts of questions such as 'you work for the airline then?' and questions about check in and how many flights a week we have to Istanbul or wherever. Personally I'd never dream of asking an employee who wasn't in work questions!

I am always polite but it does wind me up a bit after a while!
    No longer a flight atttendant!

Do they seriously expect you to remember flight times/detials of every flight to Turkey? Ridiculous.

Olive juice you too.

Comment

So, PrincessKatie, what's the best time to catch a flight to Dallas from Omaha and how often do they run late?

*ducks*

"I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

I salute your courage in even considering being a flight attendant - it's the sort of job where I'd last about five minutes before I poured hot coffee into someone's lap. Accidently, of course.
        My dear mother told me just yesterday that Monarch were advertising for flight attendants, and I should apply - she got about half-way through the sentence before I was :ROTFLMAO:
        God made me a cannibal to fix problems like you. - Angelspit, '100%'

I'm sorry, I'm not authorised to give a f**k.

Comment

This is why I always wear a jacket when I'm off duty...

Even when I'm buying hot coffee during a heat wave
          free from the evil clutches of crappy tire

Comment

I quite enjoy the attention and glamour really

Comment

Sounds like fun.

Can I ask some advice? Next August I'm going to a big convention and bringing my Warhammer minis... little 1-5 inch tall miniature knights and stuff.

my main worry is putting them in checkd luggage. they're very expensive and I'm paranoid about thefts (I'm very sure all those stories are far and few between of luggage going missing though). But I do not know if the airlines would allow the minis on carry-on, as some of them are metal. (Soft metal, mind you. The bird flaps over one and its' pole bends.)

What would you say?
              Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

One of my god mothers did alot of crafts and would moan and whinge at me about the service/products/layout at my store....all the freaking time, everytime I would talk to her usually

I love her dearly but WTF I couldnt do anything about what she was moaning about! I would give her HQ's number to complain but OHH NOOO she wouldnt ring them....her complaints were valid (I totally agreed with most of them) but.... I felt like this most of the time

god forbid they believe a staff members complaints....
                I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Oooo...best to check with your airline asap

Quoth Horsetuna View Post
                  Sounds like fun.

Can I ask some advice? Next August I'm going to a big convention and bringing my Warhammer minis... little 1-5 inch tall miniature knights and stuff.

my main worry is putting them in checkd luggage. they're very expensive and I'm paranoid about thefts (I'm very sure all those stories are far and few between of luggage going missing though). But I do not know if the airlines would allow the minis on carry-on, as some of them are metal. (Soft metal, mind you. The bird flaps over one and its' pole bends.)

What would you say?

Comment

Working...
                  X