This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
    Nice work from your coworker, manager and friend there!

In all honesty, am I the only one who enjoys seeing shoplifters and scammers get pwned?
    Not at ALL! I too was grinning gleefully at these wonderful tales of pwnage.

Every time a scammer or thief succeeds, the store has to raise prices to cover it. Therefore, the more these jerks get foiled, the better it is for the honest and decent customers. So I say pwn away! And a big "RIGHT ON!" to smart cookies like you, your manager, coworker and friend!
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I didn't know B&BW sold stuff quite that expensive...then again, I don't bother looking at the really fancy stuff. I only go there to treat myself with nice smelling body wash once in a while.

On teachers: Try keeping a straight face when a teacher hands you their card, which indicates they teach 5th grade, and then ringing up their stack of bodice-ripper romance novels. And we aren't allowed to say a word. I had no problem throwing in one or two clearly personal books when they were buying a bunch of other school-related stuff (especially when they were really honest and separated out the personal from the school stuff. Then I'd just toss it all together unless they needed a separate receipt).

Though when I was in high school I took a life skills-type class and we planned a wedding. Didn't go so far as having an actual wedding cake, though.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        I didn't know B&BW sold stuff quite that expensive...then again, I don't bother looking at the really fancy stuff. I only go there to treat myself with nice smelling body wash once in a while.

On teachers: Try keeping a straight face when a teacher hands you their card, which indicates they teach 5th grade, and then ringing up their stack of bodice-ripper romance novels. And we aren't allowed to say a word.
        Haha, that's priceless. Yeah, I'm sure the kiddies are really going to enjoy that book.

Comment

Quoth flutes_and_fabric View Post
          Ugh, that must suck. My friend says it happens quite often. I've had people try to return empty/used stuff too. Stained fabric. Boxes of notions which are clearly missing parts. Used paints. I even had a woman try to return an empty glitter because it hurt when she poured it in her daughter's eyes. What are you doing pouring glitter in your daughter's eyes? -_- And it took a whole big thing of glitter for her to figure out it wasn't a good idea.
          Yeah, I think the ring goes to all the different locations in the area when it's busy and shoplift all the expensive stuff. The last return I witnessed from them, they were pissed because a bunch of the stuff had moved to 75% off and was around $2, not the price that was marked on the package. The thing is with this company, we have a 100% guarantee so if you don't like the product for any reason, you can return it. I think that's fine unless a product is 100% gone, but we still have to do it. Pisses me off. Once this woman returned a $60 product that was all used, only the package was left. it was a skin product and she said it didn't work, but she didn't want to do an exchange.

The glitter thing is WTF?! They sell cosmetic glitter that you can wear on your face, that's *not* what craft glitter is for. Geez.

Comment

Quoth KorporateKitty View Post
            The glitter thing is WTF?! They sell cosmetic glitter that you can wear on your face, that's *not* what craft glitter is for. Geez.
            Especially considering that it's often made from plastic, glass or aluminum foil...! Yep, just what I want in my eyes. I can't figure out what that mother was trying to do. She could've blinded her kid!
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
            X