This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Card Customer

Today, I opened up in a checkout when the line got long and I ended up getting a customer who wanted to pay with a credit card. The problem was that neither of her credit cards that we tried would go through. I mentioned that it was probably a bank problem. It turned out to be a pin pad problem. The customer told me that she used her card at the store every week. I ended up voiding the order, going to another register, reringing the order, and the credit card went through on that register.

There were other customers in the line behind the customer but they eventually went to another register. I rang up the one customer who stayed before I had the credit card customer move to the other checkout.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

I hate this. technical problems that make us look stupid. Some of our stores have new touch screen tills, and I have used them. First thing in the morning for some unknown stupid reason, they go super super SLOW and I end up stood there explaining to the customer about the new tills etc, while their item comes up on the screen with a price, it can take up to 10 seconds. Then if they want a reciept, 15 seconds after I close the drawer, the order clears ready for the next customer and only then does it print a reciept!

Thankfully it only happens for the first few transactions, then its pretty smooth, but it doesn't half make us look stupid. I'm pretty quick on the till, but I can only go as fast as the tools i use

Comment

Working...
    X