This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food Stamps???

I just had someone attempt to order a gourmet fruit and chocolates basket using their food stamps?!?! Again, like with the cash people calling how in the heck did they expect to push the vouchers through the damn phone to me?
    "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Quoth calulu View Post
    I just had someone attempt to order a gourmet fruit and chocolates basket using their food stamps?!?! Again, like with the cash people calling how in the heck did they expect to push the vouchers through the damn phone to me?
    A lot of places have food stamps on a card now. Maybe they thought it was just like a credit card, or some shit.
    you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

That's pretty silly. I think food stamps/WiC/etc are really good programs, at heart. But seriously, people need to think for a minute. Like there's really going to be a government assistance program to help get you a gourmet fruit basket
      !
      "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Like there's really going to be a government assistance program to help get you a gourmet fruit basket
        Shhhh a congressman may be reading this. Lord knows they don't need any ideas.

Comment

Yeah most states now have a card that welfare recipients use. It has separate accounts for cash assistance (that can be used for anything) and one for "food stamps". You just scan it like a regular debit card when you put in your PIN number when you purchase food.

Comment

Sorry folks, gotta shut this one down before it goes southbound on a northbound train.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
            X