Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Runkeeper tracks your route and stats (time, speed etc) with the GPS, maps it to a google map and saves the whole caboodle to your account on the website. All jolly good for providing motivation and what not.
    Good customers are as rare as Latinum. Treasure them. ~ The 57th Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition.

Comment

then, yep, same thing. It totally rocks, doesn't it?
      Last edited by technical.angel; 08-14-2009, 12:50 PM.
      SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
      SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Quoth Boggles View Post

I used to have a company phone but decided instead that work could contribute £20 a month towards my phone bill (what they used to pay) and I would pay the balance so in effect it only costs me £20 a month.
        Me too. My company pays me 25.00 a month to use it as my work phone, which pretty much means nothing because no one ever calls me on it from work!

So, it brings the bill back down to about 5 dollars a month more than I was paying for my old phone!

Comment

Apple geek here.

Yes, I am. I adore Apple and their products and the sleek shininess of everything.

But seriously, I'm a graphic designer. My design programs were made for Apple computers. They just work better on a Mac. I've tried using them on a PC. It's just clunky, awkward and uncomfortable.

Because all four years at college were spent constantly comparing the G4's in the graphic's lab to my slow as all hell Dell laptop, I was an easy convert.

Then again, I'm also a bit cheap. I've had my iBook G4 laptop for 4 years now and it still works wonderfully for being as beat up as it has been (only real flaw that's caused me any grief is the power cord - very bad design that causes the wires inside the cord to crack and break). Boyfriend just bought a MacBook (he was a PC gamer before, but after trying out Vista, is now a Mac convert) and loves it.

I just bought an iPhone 3G (about to months before the 3GS came out - I had been saving up for the iPhone for MONTHS) and really don't know how I lived without it. I've had bare basics phones before hand (Samsung flip phone that didn't even have a texting ability, then a Motorola Razr). I've never had any issues with my iPhone whereas my Razr, in the 9 months I had it, would randomly freeze and shut off on me, I had to get it replaced twice. I've had no static issues and any software problems have been with the apps I downloaded and not the phone itself.

Boyfriend didn't think the iPhone was such a big thing when they first came out - barely a week after I had mine he decided he was getting one too! He gets bored really easily so whenever we're waiting at a doctor's office, long drive, before movies, etc., he grabs my phone and starts playing with Pocket God or Tertris.

Ok, enough of my drooling over Apple and the iPhone. I'm done.

Comment

Quoth technical.angel View Post
            then, yep, same thing. It totally rocks, doesn't it?
            The link provided may just be giving away your address?

Rapscallion

Comment

Thanks Raps.
              SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
              SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken
                I had no desire for an Mp3 player until the iPod.
                Ditto. I, however, took one look at the iPod's price/storage ratio and picked up a Creative Zen with video that's double the capacity for two-thirds of the price (also I don't need to deal with iTunes trying to convert everything into its own format)

As for phones, my little Samsung Propel is fine. I only use the web browser for "emergencies" or if I don't have access to a real net connection. I don't quite get the idea of combining a phone and MP3 player...the speaker's not really designed for music.
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                  Personally I hate the Apple propagated perception that "you're a technology illiterate douche if you don't have a sleek, shiny apple product that apparently never fails or screws up."

I'm not sure I've ever seen a company more into themselves than Apple and that's why I don't really care for them....well that and all the problems I had wih my Ipod. I bought an el-cheapo 4GB MP3 player instead and I haven't had a single problem with it, I don't have to put up with the itunes bullshit any more either.
                  Same here, except mine's 2GB and it is a frigging tank! Seriously, this went on a full wash and dry cycle and got dropped down several flights of stairs, all in the same day and it still worked totally fine
                  I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Sheesh. What part of AUSTRALIA WIDE iPHONE SHORTAGE do those idiots not understand?!! When my baby sis worked at the Bullseye she would get these SC's that were beyond technologically challenged and that would buy the iPhone because it looks soooo cool.
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                    X