This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watercooler nightmare

This didn't happen to me, but it happened to my sister....(some details might be a little bit fuzzy.)

My sister was at work on refunds, when a lady came up with a 40 litre water cooler. It was filled with water. She said she wanted a refund and wanted it for the same price she paid for it, which was about $100 dollars.

But, the only reason she paid $100 dollars in the first place was because the cooler was already marked down from $150 dollars. So in the end, they gave her the refund. So my sister and the supervisors had to empty this water cooler for about 20 minutes.....

The reason the lady brought it back? It was flooding her kitchen....

This is the reason you don't buy marked down stock........
    Some days I just want to chase the customer around with a big book with teeth. D:

Why didn't she empty it before she brought it back? I am not so naive as to believe that she would do it for the returns counter staff, but why would she want to haul something that damn heavy back to the store?
    None too bright, that one.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Ummm...If it had flooded her kitchen, would it not have been empty when she brought it back?
      Last edited by Mr. Rude; 11-27-2006, 09:41 PM.
      "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

Try not to think too hard about why customers do the stupid things that they do. You'll burn your brain out and end up like them.
        "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

Quoth darkcrimsongoth View Post

My sister was at work on refunds, when a lady came up with a 40 litre water cooler. It was filled with water.

So my sister and the supervisors had to empty this water cooler for about 20 minutes.....
          Unless it was Mysty hauling it in, it could not have been full. 40 liters is about 10 gallons, would weigh about 80 pounds (36.36 kilos) plus the weight of the cooler itself.

Still...who in their right mind would NOT empty it first???

(Note: SCs are never in their right minds! )
          Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

I wasn't there, it was my sister doing the refunds. I didn't see it, but that's what she told me. Maybe the water cooler got turned off when it was half full?
            Some days I just want to chase the customer around with a big book with teeth. D:

Comment

Don't think and/or look for logic. Just enjoy the stupidity.

Your brain cells will thank you.
              Last edited by Becks; 12-02-2006, 03:48 PM. Reason: added a thought
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
              X