Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're only supposed to get battery-operated things then?

I love it when people get me gift cards for, say, clothing stores. I like getting new stuff but I'm too cheap to pay for it myself half the time

Comment

Quoth Retail Associate View Post
      I've never been offended by receiving gift cards. But, I also like receiving things that plug in...and I'm a woman.

(You're never supposed to buy a woman anything that plugs in as a gift. Something I learned after buying a small kitchen appliance for my mother-in-law several years ago.)
      But...what about my Playstation??
      "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
        We're only supposed to get battery-operated things then?

I love it when people get me gift cards for, say, clothing stores. I like getting new stuff but I'm too cheap to pay for it myself half the time
        Some of those plug in too.

Comment

If any of y'all are thinking of getting me anything for Christmas, I have a very short list:

1. Porsche 911 turbo. Black. (Or whatever the modern version is being called these days.)
          2. A date with Renee O'Connor. (Google her if you don't know.) She can pick me up at 8.
          3. A date with Kirsten Dunst. She pick me up the next night at 8.
          4. Beer.

See how easy it is to shop for Uncle Jester?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            If any of y'all are thinking of getting me anything for Christmas, I have a very short list:
            I have a short list too: Anything I can eat, read, watch, or make crafts out of; please do not get me anything I need to clean, feed, or make an appointment to use (the spa gift certificate last year was a lovely idea, but it's about to expire...).

Gift cards for craft or book stores are fantastic, and I'm as happy with a box of chocolates as I would be with expensive jewellery...

Comment

If you want to make me happy it's easy, either give me something that uses many chips and has some kind of LCD if possible, or find me a lot of very old electronic junk (broken or not) to give me

Edit: Example: For my last bday a good friend of mine gave me two broken ice age epson printers he had. I was ecstatic, I got five wonderfull stepper motors (really good stuff not today's horribly made steppers) and a good set of 74xx chips off them
              I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Working...
              X