This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Seshat View Post
    In IT, that's no longer the usual case.... no personal safety information on them at all.
    Oh! Good. Not as big a deal, then.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
      Wow, unbelievable!
      Yeah, that was my reaction.

The guy's wife just gave birth to what was possibly their first child, and he's so petty that he wastes time coming back for a 25 minute long visit poring over the personnel file of some IT guy, just because he wasn't able to give him information on his wife's medical case???

The stories on this site just get weirder and weirder.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Well, at the very least, my ER Nurse sister got a laugh out of it.

I am curious, though: Were you wearing scrubs? I'm not saying that the guy had the right to go off on you, but that has contributed to a number of confusions at the hospital my sister works at (where *everybody* wears scrubs).
        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
          Well, at the very least, my ER Nurse sister got a laugh out of it.

I am curious, though: Were you wearing scrubs? I'm not saying that the guy had the right to go off on you, but that has contributed to a number of confusions at the hospital my sister works at (where *everybody* wears scrubs).
          Nope! At our hospital, Doctors wear the white coats (patient floor) or Light Blue Scrubs (ER and OR), Nurses wear whatever color of scrubs they want (and I've seen some interesting ones), and everyone else wears whatever is suited to their non-clinical jobs.

In my case it's business casual meaning slacks, comfortable shoes (athletic shoes are a godsend in this place) and polo shirts.

And yes, as some of you might recall my previous posts, polo shirts are my doom.

Still better than a suit and tie and certainly nothing remotely clinical or medical looking in any way.
          I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

I'm still completely gobsmacked that your hospital doesn't have a system in place to protect their employees and other patients when this type of situation comes up.

A hospital is not exactly a stress-free environment where people losing it and acting irrationally is rare.
            The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
              I'm still completely gobsmacked that your hospital doesn't have a system in place to protect their employees and other patients when this type of situation comes up.

A hospital is not exactly a stress-free environment where people losing it and acting irrationally is rare.
              The thing is, I don't think this comes up very often. Well, to the lengths that it happened in this case.

I did have some patients who asked me if I knew when they would be discharged or how much medicine they would have to take, etc. but when I told them that I was an Admitting clerk and they would have to ask their nurse/doctor, they just accepted that. I think this guy was just "special" in that he couldn't get it through his thick skull.

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post

Actually it is pretty stress free. For the most part most of the people who ask me clinical questions are happy as all get out when I tell than that I'm just the tech monkey here but I can get them someone who can answer their question.

Yeah, I got bonked in the head, yelled at by a twat waffle, bitched out by a doctor for not fixing something that he couldn't be bothered to tell anyone was broken in the first place...but that's it. Three sucky encounters in 9 months of working here.

At this rate I'd be retiring by the time I had enough for a Gravekeeper style post.
                I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

I spent a day in ER a few days ago.... and saw plenty of non-... clinical people around. Janitorial, facilities, etc.

Every time I saw one of them I just smiled at them. One time after I'd been alone for several hours I did (politely) ask one of them if they'd mind getting a nurse to tell me what was going on, and they did. A nurse showed up a minute later to tell me what was going on with the bloodwork and CT scans, and to reassure me that I'd probably be out that night - and if not, I'd have my own room within the hour. She even turned on the TV for me and put it on my favorite channel (cartoon network's adult swim - it was after 10pm, which is when Cartoon Network turns into adult oriented shows).

I didn't get snarky a single time. And I've never worked in a high stress environment like a hospital. I was just respectful, and they treated me awesome. Everyone I dealt with had a smile on their face. Getting a CT scan was actually kind of neat even though I was really out of it and couldn't stand up at that point.

I got discharged the same night. And made sure to thank everyone I dealt with on the way out.

Also Baylor Medical Center Plano rocks, I've been there a couple of times now and.. while it sucks having to go to the hospital, they always make me as comfortable as possible. (too bad I'm about to file bankruptcy over the bills from them.. I owe them about 100k )

Comment

Working...
                  X