Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EW: Hello, Dave? I paid very good money to come here and get away from the big city, but now my vacation is RUINED! There's just too damn much NATURE here! WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?!
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
      Did he come into the place to look for Gideon's bible?
      NO... but he had come, equipped with a gun to shoot off the legs of his rival.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        EW: Hello, Dave? I paid very good money to come here and get away from the big city, but now my vacation is RUINED! There's just too damn much NATURE here! WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?!
        Next thing you know, they'll be calling to complain that the nature is 'too dirty'. All that muck & grime, someone should get out there to clean that up....of course, there was the request to rake the beach, so maybe it has already happened.
        That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Dave, I'm laughing here. We stayed this week in a vacation rental and my mother was making a list, MAKING A LIST, of all the crap she was disappointed in. I tried to talk her out of it but she was insistent. If you get an older lady complaining about her luxury beachside condo smelling like shrimp with a semi working dryer and possessing broken boogie boards don't blame me, I tried to stop her ass....
          "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Guest: yes Dave, I wanted to report I saw a racoon on the bike trail here

Dave: That's terrible. There's supposed an oppossum down there today.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Oh My Gods! There's Nature...in my Nature! Compensate me Rawrawrrawr!

Where do these people come from???

And I'm sure you get the ones who complain that they DIDN'T see any animals!
              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                Oh My Gods! There's Nature...in my Nature!

Yo Dawg, I herd you like Nature so we put a nature in your nature so you can nature while you nature!

sorry, too much 4chan.
                Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                  Uh, the bike trail is outside, correct? In, like, nature 'n stuff? How can you let raccoons out there? They could get rampant stupidity or something from the tourists.
                  Edited for my amusement

Seriously though, this sounds *exactly* like some of the people here. They move out by the airport, and bitch about the loud planes. They move to the country, and then get upset when critters eat their plants.

As long as the 'coon isn't doing anything, why is it even an issue? Rabid 'coons act differently than normal ones. That is, they don't run from humans. Instead, they're rather aggressive
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

That reminds me of the time I was told their was a rattle snake on the walking trail. I know it wasn't a rattle snake, they don't live in the U.P. I told them this. They then asked me what I was going to do about it. I'm not going to do anything about it. Its a snake in the woods. How is anybody even suppose to find it? Now a bear, I'll call sombody when you see a bear.

Comment

Quoth calulu View Post
                      Dave, I'm laughing here. We stayed this week in a vacation rental and my mother was making a list, MAKING A LIST, .... and possessing broken boogie boards don't blame me, I tried to stop her ass....
                      What are boogie boards?
                      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                        Guest: yes Dave, I wanted to report I saw a racoon on the bike trail here

Dave: That's terrible. There's supposed an oppossum down there today.

Really. His head would have exploded if I'd answered the phone. He would have told me he'd seen a racoon and I probably would have said "Really? Cool!"

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                          What are boogie boards?
                          They're sorta like really short surf boards that you lie down on, I think. That's how I've always understood them, anyways. Similar to flutterboards used to help teach people to swim.
                          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                            Welcome to "Earworms 'R' Us"

We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine

And still those voices are calling from faaaaaaaaar awaaaaay. Wake you up in the middle of the night just to hear them saaay "Welcome to the Hotel California!" Such a lovely place, such a lovely face. Plenty of room at the Hotel California. What a nice surprise, with your alibis. Now THERE'S your earworm!
                            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post

Really. His head would have exploded if I'd answered the phone. He would have told me he'd seen a racoon and I probably would have said "Really? Cool!"
                              Or you could ask if he was carrying a Gideon's Bible....

Oh wait...did I use that already...?

Comment

HA!

How I wish we could go back in time and have the OP say that to him!

Comment

Working...
                                X