This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE!!! Have your act together!

One of the things that irritates me the most about customers is their indecision when it comes time for us to interact.

At the store, there is a mother-daughter combo that comes in every week, and they get a large order. The problem is that when they get to the register, there is always one or two items that they disagree over, which turns into a spat, and slows down the transaction. Bagging is also a headache because just when we think they like paper, they decide to go for plastic or vice versa. The one thing that is consistent is the need for carryout service, which I like because it gets me out of the store for a few minutes, at least when I bag.

At the restaurant, this trait displays itself in fights over the check. I'll ask a party of four if it's all together, and two will say yes, and the other two want it split; why can't you make up your mind. If you're treating someone to a meal, even if it's a surprise, there is a way to avoid the confusion, and I really appreciate the customers who do it. At the beginning if the meal tell me you get the check, or tell me if it's separate. Just don't tell me howto split it until I have it all rung up, which makes separating checks so much easier.
    "Your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn
    Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

"Get it done."-Captain Edward Jellico
    Star Trek: The Next Generation, Chain of Command

Last week.

At Subway.

The guy in front of me is grumbling to himself about the staff not moving fast enough.

When he gets to the counter and is asked what he wants...

"Hmmm... I'll have... Uhhh... I'll have a... Hmmm..." and so on.

"Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
      The guy in front of me is grumbling to himself about the staff not moving fast enough.

When he gets to the counter and is asked what he wants...

"Hmmm... I'll have... Uhhh... I'll have a... Hmmm..." and so on.
      Why is it that impatient people are also the ones who want to do something slow like be indecisive? Or paying in exact change? If somebody is tapping their fingers on the counter impatiently while I ring them up, you can bet that once I tell them the total they will take their sweet time digging around for their wallet and then hemming and hawing over which card they should use or should they pay in cash blahblahblah
      !
      "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

I deal with so many customers that make their decisions on what to buy while they are checking out

They smack their gum while holding up every shirt and pair of pants deciding if they want it. Then hand me 20 items of clothing off the hangers that they don't want.

Comment

Working...
        X